Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the 4.9 second challenge

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
/me needs to invest in a newer GTech

It's also worth throwing your car on a public weighbridge sometime. Worth the $0 it costs you :)

I weighbridged my old vp when it was in gutted form, about 1310kg with no driver and 1/2 a tank of juice.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
that's not too bad :) Every kilo counts! I'm looking to weighbridge mine again too after round II of weight saving. I'm going to go all-out on my weight saving this time, and just see if I can feel the difference. If I can feel it, I'll keep it. If not, back to stock.

Also looking at crafting air diffusers under neath to help speed from 80-100. :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think you guys will find that once a cars full of water oil and fuel it's alot heavier than they say on redbook. Race weight including an average driver in a manual VN SS is about 1520kg

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
I think you guys will find that once a cars full of water oil and fuel it's alot heavier than they say on redbook. Race weight including an average driver in a manual VN SS is about 1520kg

untrue unfortunately, a good thought though, one which had passed through my mind before.
redbook gives a kerb weight, which is essentially the weight of the car in full operating condition (fuel, oil, water all onboard). some kerb weights even take into consideration a 75kg levy for the drivers weight - although i dont believe australia does this.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah I know they list "kerb" weight but the real kerb weight is alot heavier, in the case of VN/VPs at least that factory weights are a total bull****. My VP has 1280kgs on the rego sticker (dry weight) but I'll bet anything it's more like 1450. Luke pulled 200? kgs out of his and it only got 40 kgs lighter than the red book weight :) and his wouldnt have been full of fuel

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Gimme a couple of weeks and I'll weigh the SS. By then all the tar crap will be gone, as will the rest of the air conditioner, tow bar and anything else I can get rid of.

Reaper

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I'm pretty sure an exec 5L is 1380kg and SS is 1420kg... thats what I saw on redbook, although i'd like to see a VK with an EFI 5L try this, they're alot lighter than VN-VS.

On a side note, what would be a better option to try and get quicker times, a T5 or a kitted T700?

Even base model VK's are still around 1250kg, so theres only a 50kg difference to the VN.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Dont forget to mention Vk's are Fugly.

:cry::cry: i like VK's especially the Brock ones.

i use a G-tech Pro, competition. it's the 2nd generation G-tech and has a lot more features then the first models. more accurate too. it has a much larger memory capacity so yuo can store multiple runs and when your finished dowm load em onto your PC for even more data, graphs etc:thumbsup: