Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the 4.9 second challenge

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
a VN V6 exec auto is 1335kg, so they're quite light. out of interest the exec 5L is 1400kg with the SS coming in at 1395kg. all those weights are straight from redbook.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
So my calais is 1495kg plus 2 subs, a took box, a **** load of **** in the bas seat and me... DAM
but still did a 7.5sec 0-100

next week i think ill get a stage 2 shift kit and remeasure it..

P

Pav

a VN V6 exec auto is 1335kg, so they're quite light. out of interest the exec 5L is 1400kg with the SS coming in at 1395kg. all those weights are straight from redbook.

I'm pretty sure an exec 5L is 1380kg and SS is 1420kg... thats what I saw on redbook, although i'd like to see a VK with an EFI 5L try this, they're alot lighter than VN-VS.

On a side note, what would be a better option to try and get quicker times, a T5 or a kitted T700?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm pretty sure an exec 5L is 1380kg and SS is 1420kg... thats what I saw on redbook, although i'd like to see a VK with an EFI 5L try this, they're alot lighter than VN-VS.

On a side note, what would be a better option to try and get quicker times, a T5 or a kitted T700?

it would need to be a base model VK, my VH SLE weights more then my VN exec from memory.

with the auto/manual thing, i think you would need to be decent at driving a manual for starters. a manual should be slightly quicker but at the end of the day it all comes down to driveline ratio's and engine redline which in a buick V6 becomes a issue because you don't have enough revs to make 0-60mph in 2nd gear unless you run stock 3.08 diff ratio. with the auto it's more a case of plant boot and steer. just make sure it has a corvette servo to ensure a quick/crisp 1st-2nd shift

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
could only manage mid 7's this morning. somethings gone wrong, my PB is 6.827s. traction, well there just isn't any. launching with more then 1800-2000rpm just ends in smoke and me waiting for the tyres to bite before i can get full power:bang:

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Ive just got one of the old school ones, got it off ebay for about $70, i swear it had only been used like once before hand though it was like brand new

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
/me needs to invest in a newer GTech

It's also worth throwing your car on a public weighbridge sometime. Worth the $0 it costs you :)