Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beer Thread.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Just discovered John Boston Golden Ale, very well priced and a very nice drop.

I am an Ale man and for $45 for a carton I really can't walk past it.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Eeewwww Beer, give me a West Coast Cooler any day over a beer.

tumblr_m54o61prqe1r2gow4o1_400.gif

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
I know this is a beer thread but seems how there's no dedicated booze thread I'll just post here.

I've recently discovered the goodness that is Captain Morgan spiced rum. Holy faark, that **** is amazing!

CMP4.jpg

Try sailor jerry, as good if not better, but pricier for a straight bottle...

As for beer don't mind a 150 lashes or stonewood every now and again

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Drinking a Belgian lambic style "Oude Geuze"

BF14CFCB-443E-4C13-B4E4-01F47DA38299.jpg

Like a dry, sour, musty cider. Belgian Wit fermented in the presence of sour cherries, secondary bottle ferment to give a bead like champagne. Creamy, lively, bubbly hence "Geuze" or geyser fountain.

Cheers!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
How much you guys pay for a case of beer? Here in the US cases are sold on 24 bottle count of 11.2 to 12 oz bottles. There are some exceptions when the bottles might carry more or less products, but the standard is 24 bottles/cans of 11.2 to 12 oz.

A case of regular Butt-Wiper/Miller/Coors depends of the specials at about $15~$20 USD a premium beer might run about $35 USD.

The other days bought a beer called Grolsch ($8 for a 15oz 4 pack); the beer taste, in my opinion if not that great but there is one thing that I want; the bottles.

File:Grolsch_premium_lager_bottle_unopened.jpg

The advantage is that can be reused over and over again. Since I started brewing at home I can reuse the bottles. The rubber grommet can be bought really cheap. Just bottled my 1st batch with Mr Beer Bewitched Amber Ale; will see how that goes.

mbey6977.jpg

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Beer in OZ was about the same price in U.S. in the '90s. I think it's about the same now, but our dollar is now worth under 80c to your dollar.

I lived in NC a couple of times in the 1990s, and have visited several times, and as you call it, BUD that I don't mind, Millers, Coors here now are about 40 per slab as we call it......24 stubbies in a slab.
Coors I just can't take to........It's only just started to be sold here.......Coca Cola bring it in.........Coors is a huge brewery though, so I guess someone must love it.

Premium is over 40 and up to 50 or so mostly.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I cannot stand the Bud and not to be confused the the original Budweiser from Czechoslovakia; has this funky after taste and is bland as heck. Coors for some weird reason, to me, has this taste like you were eating Daisies (most of the taste comes from smell). Miller, the only one that I can drink is what we call MGD (Miller Genuine Draft) and maybe, if I am in dire straights for a beer, Miller Light that is easy to obtain at any fuel station.

The only decent domestic beer is Samuel Adams; good enough to remove the taste of hooker spit and weed off your mouth (is a Family Guy joke).

By the way, the movie Smokey and the Bandit was based on Bootlegging. Instead of running moonshine across the state lines they ran Coors Beer from Texas to Georgia because of some law, back then, Coors cannot be sold passed the Mississippi.

On my state, they have some weird alchohol laws. There are a lot of Bible Thumpers so in some ways is like living with Puritans and Quakers burning witches at the stake. They have this law about beer on fuel station that has to be 3.2% or less to be sold cold; if is over than that, has to be sold at ambient temp. Go figure that one; go buy any ice cold beer for 3.2% and throw a shot of Vodka to boost the % without chaging the taste much.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Have you ever tried FAT TIRE?
Have only had it on west coast U.S.A, and to my taste it's magnificent. From memory it's made in Colorado????? Have never seen it here, mores the pity.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I was told by a co-worker about Flat Tire and he swears by it as good drop. Sadly, have not seen it on our local liquor store; might have to do some digging. Hey.... I am game if I can find it; what can I say, I am a flavor junky ;)