Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Best Car in the World (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
So again, move the goal post.

rose-colored-glasses.jpg

You will learn soon, Pirate sets the test parameters to suit his own story :thumbsup:

Dave, you are a big banana, and I trust you are having fun, but read through the thread - always been about sticking up for GM V8. Do us all a favour and go catch that spamming clown who keeps bombing inboxes eh?!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yeah stock vs modified.

AMG V8 would run ring's around a GenIV 6.2l, even a mildly tuned 1.

I assume you mean in terms of horsepower? Possibly Merc with AMG parts and tuned versus stock GM, but at the expense of carrying a huge, expensive unreliable monstrosity that doesn't last even 100k km. Given same treatment like raised CR and VVT per AMG on our GM V8, there is no contest. Our V8 offers the highest power and torque density, along with the best fuel economy. It is also the simplest, lightest, smallest and cheapest engine.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Nah mate, this thread is about the World's Best Car, Grennan and others think Mercedes, specifically tuned Mercs with enhanced bolt ons etc., is better than our Holden V8 by far. That's simply not the case.

Zeta V8 - our V8.

Deduce what you will, that Merc engine is a fail, look it up, ask any owner. I've said I'm not comparing artificially boosted engines, naturally aspirated V8.

I didnt say Mercedes was the best car, i was simply providing an argument against your idea that because its built in China, its inferior whilst comparing the superior finish of some Euros to our vechiles here in Australia.

I knew before I even posted where you would go and was surprised it took you 12 hours to get there.

Theres no point talking about anything midly subjective to you. As soon as an opposing fact pops up you change what we are measuring.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I said it in the first post!?

That Chinese car is judged the best car in the world for 2015, when from my perspective it is actually is foul, bland, overrated POS.
Further to that argument, Mercedes has gone to the dogs, sold its arse to the PLA and downsizing its flagship V8.
AMG comparisons to Holden V8 was inevitable and this is where this thread is at... Top Gear watchers chiming in...
Keep up Slayer! :yarr:

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS
I agree GM motor are cheap and reliable, light and no problem with parts and simple to work on, value for money hard to beat, can i bring another motor into the debate, Ford Turbo 4lt barra i recon this is a ripper engine, runs low to mid 12's stock, smooth quiet and eats V8's.

There's a 525hp version of the 6.2lt AMG but it's in a $200,000 car, GM would need the LS7 or LSA to match it.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Pirate I love how anything boosted is unreliable, your daft 1970's perception is cute.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I agree GM motor are cheap and reliable, light and no problem with parts and simple to work on, value for money hard to beat, can i bring another motor into the debate, Ford Turbo 4lt barra i recon this is a ripper engine, runs low to mid 12's stock, smooth quiet and eats V8's.

There's a 525hp version of the 6.2lt AMG but it's in a $200,000 car, GM would need the LS7 or LSA to match it.

Yeah nah, it's a good turbo motor for sure. Turbo the LS (Shelby SSC Ultimate Aero) and it is the one and only challenger to the Veyron for speed record, don't think you can get that setup certified here with new rules but the new L83 fitted with twin turbo would be a stunner.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Pirate I love how anything boosted is unreliable, your daft 1970's perception is cute.

Ca'an mate I didn't say that? Anyways turbo was all the craze in the '80s - not 70's - I had a Nissan ET, fishnet tank top, hair like Echo and the Bunnymen, periwinkle boots - I had to turn the cassette deck full bore to hear Depeche Mode over the blower and pod :yarr:
Alas nothing lasts forever!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I said it in the first post!?

That Chinese car is judged the best car in the world for 2015, when from my perspective it is actually is foul, bland, overrated POS.
Further to that argument, Mercedes has gone to the dogs, sold its arse to the PLA and downsizing its flagship V8.
AMG comparisons to Holden V8 was inevitable and this is where this thread is at... Top Gear watchers chiming in...
Keep up Slayer! :yarr:
Compare the current V8 AMG offering, otherwise use the LS1 as your basis for the General.

Status
Not open for further replies.