Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

THE definitave V6 Conversion into VB, VC, VH & VK Thread (please post your knowledge)

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Won't that give you bump steer? The vs steering rack is lower so the vh steering arms would be to high wouldn't they?

technically maybe...
but no different to lowering the front end

I've never had any noticeable front bump steer issues. If anything, like most live rear axle Commos, it's been the back end that needs taming

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
Front end:
VB - VN Radius Rods
VB - VN Lower Control Arms
VN V8 Sway Bar
VN V8 Struts
VN - VS V8 Calipers
VN - VP-VQ V8 Rotors
VB - VP-VQ V8 Springs
VB - VP Strut Bearing Mounts
VB - VP-VQ V8 Ball joints
VN - VP V8 Tie rod ends
VN V8 Steering rack
VL Intermediate Steering shaft
VN VQ or VP 1" Master Cylinder and Booster

Just corrected some of your front parts list to avoid confusion as vs parts will not work without further changes.
And just a note my conversion would pass any state in Australia no problems at all as Valve timing and induction is not modified, the evaporative emission control devices are fitted and operational, the noise emitted from the exhaust is in accordance to road traffic act 1999 Div3, standard injectors and management is fitted, the brake master cylinder and rear calipers are compatible with the disc/disc combination, the correct balance front / rear is achieved, and no sharp objects in or outside the vehicle.

I also opted for the modern upgrade of instruments with original gauge faces done by castle auto electrics and what a heap of ****! it cost me $800 and if i had of know what they do i would done it myself and done a much better job of it and as it was i had to rewire the gauge cluster because they had it shorting out and thus it never worked. the tach was supposed to be modified to work with the vs signal but to this day it still doesn't work.

NVS

Reaction score
Website
a-c-c.sytes.net
Members Ride
VS Berlina II
I cant beleive no one picked up on this... look at the picture of the struts i posted ^
I paid some one to built these srtuts, and didnt realise what they did wrong untill I fitted the whole front end.
Can you see it yet? This will teach me to be lazy. If you want something done right, you got to do it yourself.