Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

THE definitave V6 Conversion into VB, VC, VH & VK Thread (please post your knowledge)

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Project VH

Yeah "shaun VK" youll need the fuse box side too and grab out the rear loom to the boot as that will have the wires for the fuel pump unless your VK is injected then i think that you can use those.
You will need to at least hang onto the wires left in the dash incase you need them as you said they most likly be the heater or a/c switch wires not sure what the colors will be but having a look where they run on the VN dash will set you in the right direction.
As i said before using the full loom front to back in my mind was better for me but may be different for you.

Shaun_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VK
I plan to keep the shell until i finish the conversion so if i need those heater wires i will get them. No currently my VK is not EFI But i have a VS tank, fuel lines and fuel pump as i understand that there needs to be a return line put in place. And that also means that i will need the back loom for the new fuel pump right?

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Project VH

I plan to keep the shell until i finish the conversion so if i need those heater wires i will get them. No currently my VK is not EFI But i have a VS tank, fuel lines and fuel pump as i understand that there needs to be a return line put in place. And that also means that i will need the back loom for the new fuel pump right?

Yep you need the wires to run to the fuel pump and i think the tank on VS is the same as VN/P for V6. This conversion is far easier to do when you have the full doner car at hand as i did it the other way by buying bits as needed (pain in the arse) i would of had a better time getting another car for the parts from the start.
I put in the VN tank and plumbed up fuel lines from a VL so to keep the same floor shape to the lines but ya should have a easy enough time fitting the VS i think, you do need the return line for unleaded injected motor, and the VS tank should just simplly bolt straight in place of the VK tank (i think the VS is the same shape).
Maybe put some pics as you progress with it, i took lots as i have been going along as a refering guide to myself and to help others like yourself down the track, mines about 90-95% done still got a few gaskets to sort out and the brakes to bleed and the dash cluster to fit into dash then fingers crossed off to get engineer report and plate and rego and away we go cant wait want to go for a spin.

Shaun_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VK
Tonight i had a few mates help me with the VN doner car so everything is disconected from the motor and tommorow morning we will be removing the K frame, motor, suspention and g box all in one hit. Tonight we also removed the break booster, clutch cable, all pedle boxes, steering rack and collom, fuel tank, fuel pump and the entire loom. just a quick question . . tonight we disconected all the AC/heater pipes from the motor/AC pump . . will i be able to use the original AC/heater pipes from my VK body and just hook them up to the V6 motor or will i need the to trancefer all those pipes too? . . because for the looks of it that would be one hell of a job!!!!!

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
You need to have new A/C pipes made up, you use one of the original VP/VN heater hoses and one of the VK heater hoses thats straight and you cut it to length.

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
AC is for girls anyway :D

Shaun_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VK
Where would i get AC hoses made in SA? . . i never really use my AC but i want it to be perfect to go over inspection.

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Pirtek ?

Shaun_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VK

Shaun_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VK
I will ask around, got the krame, motor and trans out all in one today . . for the enxt three weeks i will be working on the motor to tidy it all up with new leads, hoses rocker cover ect. how do you up load pictures? so i can up load some and show you guys what loom i have and the AC pipes?