Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The "dumb offers" thread

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Yeah and I love how people think by offering a hell low price then adding "and Ill come get it this arvo", as if theyre doing you a favour and you should accept there generous offering haha

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
Yeah and I love how people think by offering a hell low price then adding "and Ill come get it this arvo", as if theyre doing you a favour and you should accept there generous offering haha

I had a car advertised for $15,000 on behalf of a family member.

Had one guy call up and continually offer 10k. His reasoning was "10k is a lotta cash man, when you see it you'll change your mind"

I told him not really, as it is less than the 15,000 I was advertising for.

The "generous offer" attitude definitely rings true. :hmmm:

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I think it goes both ways. It shows how much people over value their crap. This thread is an excellent read - selling your car and crazy low balling buyers stories - Hardtuned.net

Those guys are idiots. You never get the asking price. The advertised price should be a bit more than what you're actually after. There was a Ducati Monster advertised for $6,500, I offered $5,500 and they accepted. Dad was looking at a VE Z series wagon for $34,000 and got it for $32,000.

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
Had my ducati for sale for about $15,000 had so many ridiculous offers .

One was a v6 vn + a 110cc thumpster + ipod + a tv fom the 90's

I just dont know how to respond to that ....

His reasoning was the same as alot of you have had . "Its alot of stuff for one bike man"

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Had my ducati for sale for about $15,000 had so many ridiculous offers .

One was a v6 vn + a 110cc thumpster + ipod + a tv fom the 90's

I just dont know how to respond to that ....

His reasoning was the same as alot of you have had . "Its alot of stuff for one bike man"

I'll give you half a slab of Carlton, a vn s1 manifold, a motorized pushy and a ps2. Think about it man good deal!

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
I had an SS VT for sale and some douche wanted to swap a "good quality" Jackaroo for it of course at same value.
I ended up stripping the car for parts as it didn't sell. I had the guys number still in my phone, he rolled up to buy parts and and told me he swapped his jackaroo with some poor guy for his VT and said how bad the jackaroo was.

Took all my strength not to punch him in the face

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Was advertising a mates 4by for him, had a brand new set of 38" Super Swampers on it with bead locker rims, a bloke offered to trade rims and tyres only, swap his 35" Maxxiss tyres with 10% tread and steel rims, no cash adjustment, kindly declined the offer when he told me Ill never sell anything with an attitude like that.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
There's some selfish knobs out there!
Not all bad though, my brother picked up a complete apart from subframe, rust free front clip for hj-hz for $430, and the guy is quite happy to wait for it to be picked up, he lives 4 hours away and understands my brother having no license and being on apprentice wages.

So there are the odd few that are good or reasonable.

Another one.
I recently sold some stuff on fleabay, most were good, but one of them, he won v8 rocker covers for $3, but has neglected to contact, they'll be relisted this week, another guy won vn-vs window trims for 99c!!! Fair enough he asked if I can deliver, he can't drive and he's half hour away, I said yes, when I'm that way. He's now cracked the **** telling me he's giving me bad feedback cos I haven't delivered them yet, I offered to deliver them that night for $30, no answer, I'm not driving out there for free for what suits him, he agreed when I was passing through, he then told me not to play games cos I couldn't give bad feedback because I was a seller, sorry mate, don't work that way, I then offered to deliver today, to no answer. I think I may relist them too!!!

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

Don't ruin a good story with the truth.