Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The fishing thread

Bigbadbazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportwagon
^^ Did they own the one that used to be on the town side of the river which has since been closed or the one that was behind the servo on the Batemans Bay side?

They didnt own it, just managed it for awhile.

It was the one behind the servo.

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
We went down to the coast the other week, tried several different spots, fishing off the rock walls and what not. had absolutly no luck,. not even a few nibbles. eventually stopped in at Byron Bay and threw a line in the river because the water was calmer and my young one was whining about to much wind by the ocean. As the tide was going out we managed to pull in 7 or 8 silver trevally in about half an hour. All really good size too. The most exciting one was the one my 4 year old caught. Was his first fish and he is still bragging about it.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
They didnt own it, just managed it for awhile.

It was the one behind the servo.

Ahh ok, i thought it may have been the other one which has since closed. If it was the other one I was pretty curious to know how they were going.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
Man i don't know where to start i got heaps of stories, i'll bring more up as i remember them.

One memorable occasion was when i was a kid, I was only about 8 years old and living in Westbury Tasmania. A friend of ours had a dam stocked with rainbow trout, so he called us all round for a fish because the dam was leaking. So the plan was to get all the fish out then use all the water for the crops before he lost it all. My brother and i were only using cheap rods and reels from K-mart. So when my brother got an 8 pound rainbow on it the drag on the reel kept locking up, but we managed to get it in. I got one as well same size had some similar issues but i got it in. They were beautiful on webber too, only just fit minus the heads.

I wish i could find the bloody picture, i was looking everywhere last night for it. I'll edit this post, and put it up if i find it.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I usually fish just south of Moruya at Tuross Head, Tuross Lake is generally very good fishing. I generally go out on my old man's boat, 15 foot aluminium bow rider, she's a decent boat.

Flathead are the pick for me, great eating, easy as hell to fillet up and cook. Though there's plenty of stuff in there. I really need to go down there again soon...

Anyone who does, do yourself a favour and go to "The Boat Shed", great food, good tackle, bait's available.

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I remember as a teenager, fishing in a little town just shy of the qld/nsw border. Hastings point. as kids we would skip the ocean fishing and throw a line in off the bridge on the inlet, you would have a brim on your line before the bloody thing hit the water, and there was always tons of pelicans waiting for a feed on the catches. It was amazing and a great novelty as a young one as you didnt have to have any patience at all.

Stopped in a couple of years back and dropped in a line, got a few nibbles, but certainly not the same as it once was. Still a beautiful spot though.

Crummy VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Excecutive
Love fishing have a 5.5m blackarrow plate alloy (custom made) with a 115hp yamaha outboard. Anything from barra to bluewater gets smashed in my boat. To many stories to mention. Come to the NT, all you southeners(sp?) don't know what fishing is.
I went up to the north a few years back for a two week holiday, spent 12 of the 14 day trip doing nothing but fishing. Between the 3 of us we caught CATFISH AFTER FRIGGIN CATFISH! we would see GT's out in the water and they wouldn't even look twice. The first day we went out, us 3 burnt to a crisp, sweating bullets, fishing all day not a single decent fish, not even 50 meters up the road locals would come out and smash a dozen in 2 hours then bugger off!
All in good fun :p

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
tried to get out on the bay this week, epic faliure to choppy i spent 1.5 hours at mornington peir, the only 2 fish i caught i caught in the first 20 minutes, 1 22 cm pinky and 1 21cm flatty.

Saving to go up north to chase barra, gts, queenys and the like.

Dream: one day to own/run a charter boat and take people fishing. (currently studying to become one)

Peace out Jonesy :)

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Your studying to become a charter boat?

would be the life though

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
im studying resort management (Water Recreation) i will qualfied to captian a small charter boat looking forward to it! and looking forward to getting out on the water soon and chasing some Big Reds :)