Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Reason for Training: To lose weight

Starting Weight: My starting weight is 140kg, I'm 5'8" tall and have a BMI of 45.
I have had my skeletal system measured (nutrition class at uni)for an ideal BMI and
it has come out to 33 which puts my ideal weight at 100ish kg

Training Routine: Everyday - Morning(before class): 20 push ups
50 situps
30 minute walk
-Evening(after class) : 20 push ups
50 situps
60 minute walk

Weekends : Round of golf (I need the practice)
50 push ups(per day)
200 sit ups(per day)

Once I lose a few kilos I'll work on my cardio but for now I'll take it a bit easy.

Diet: I'll be drinking lots of water as this can help to increase metabolism, or so I've been told.
Breakfasts will be whatever I can be bothered making, most likely a shake of some kind, bolstered up with an egg or two.
Lunches will be fish of some kind, anything I can get my hands on
Dinners will be mainly veg, if I'm going to go meat I'll be having chicken or Kangaroo

I'll be starting this regime tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
dave,

that mesomorph stuff, do you feel dizzy, lightheaded while pumpin weights? an at nite cant sleep?

other than that im pumpin the weights on it

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
dave,

that mesomorph stuff, do you feel dizzy, lightheaded while pumpin weights? an at nite cant sleep?

How many scoops are you having?
- I have one scoop
How much water are you having with it?
- I gabe a few hundred ml
How long are your workouts?
- Working out for 1.5hrs min.

Two things

1) You may be having too strong a dose. This us my 3rd our workout substance so my body is used to it but its by far the strongest. Maybe weaken the dose and see how that goes. Because if your not working out for long enough our using too much, the effects will last long into the night.

2) Hydrate yourself whilst working out. Either with lots of water or buy yourself that chaind out stuff I mentioned earlier. Have to keep your body hydrated whilst on meso.

And the BCAA will help break down the protien when your workout is over.

3) Do you take protien after your workout? This will help put you to sleep sometimes.

4) Make sure your taking it as close to 45 minutes before your workout so that its had time to start working.

I swear I told you most of this before you bought it. If not, sorry man haha. If you implement all these steps hopefully you should see an improvement if not, I'd ditch it.

snowy01

lolwut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Daily / VF SV6 /
dave,

hey mate, been following the thread from the start great idea to make a topic like this.. helps the noobies get correct info and direction as to where to start.
just a quick question regarding the mesomorph sup u've started taking.. why did u need this sup? uve oviously been lifting for a long time without it..

a few bits of info on it - (im still interested in trying it myself)
Taken from another forum -

"1 serve of APS mesomorph has (among other ingredients) 1870mg of a mixture that includes:

- an unnamed methylxanthine (I'm assuming caffeine)

- dimethylamylamine – a weak amphetamine-like stimulant which is current banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency for professional athletes (which obviously means it has a decent effect! lol)

- 3 7-Dihydro-3,7-Dimethyl-1H-Purine-2,6-Dione (which is actually theobromine) – a stimulant compound similar to caffeine and found in coffee in small amounts

- Naringin – which can increase the absorption and action of certain substances (I'm guessing it makes the above ingredients more potent in the body)

It is not surprising that your heart was racing.
There is a large amount of stimulants in there. Although they do not state the exact amount of each ingredient (which pisses me off), I would say it is likely there is over 120mg of caffeine and similarly high levels of dimethylamylamine and theobromine."

Interesting thoughts anyways..

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
hey mate, been following the thread from the start great idea to make a topic like this.. helps the noobies get correct info and direction as to where to start.
just a quick question regarding the mesomorph sup u've started taking.. why did u need this sup? uve oviously been lifting for a long time without it..

a few bits of info on it - (im still interested in trying it myself)
Taken from another forum -

"1 serve of APS mesomorph has (among other ingredients) 1870mg of a mixture that includes:

- an unnamed methylxanthine (I'm assuming caffeine)

- dimethylamylamine – a weak amphetamine-like stimulant which is current banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency for professional athletes (which obviously means it has a decent effect! lol)

- 3 7-Dihydro-3,7-Dimethyl-1H-Purine-2,6-Dione (which is actually theobromine) – a stimulant compound similar to caffeine and found in coffee in small amounts

- Naringin – which can increase the absorption and action of certain substances (I'm guessing it makes the above ingredients more potent in the body)

It is not surprising that your heart was racing.
There is a large amount of stimulants in there. Although they do not state the exact amount of each ingredient (which pisses me off), I would say it is likely there is over 120mg of caffeine and similarly high levels of dimethylamylamine and theobromine."

Interesting thoughts anyways..

Glad to see someone is doing their research. Yes it has stimulants, yes you get a boost from it. But if you use it correctly, as I have been for a few months, you should be fine.... Side of the container says have 1 scoop first time then adjust accordingly. So fresh prince might need to lower his dosage I'd say

snowy01

lolwut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Daily / VF SV6 /
yeh sounds great if you need a boost.. like a redbull ported directly into the blood. Ppl were saying that its better to try avoid these types of sitmulants if possible.

im still interested in giving it a try see what effects they have

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Alot of people say it, but I tried it and I love it.

Always do your own research, but never let one guys opinion sway you.

Make sure if you stay on it that you try and implement BCAA's through your workout.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Heres a good question for the fitness guys..

4 weeks, average 3/4 hours of sleep per night.

Strength average 10-20kg off personal best.

Normal routine unchanged. Appetite unchanged. Motivation unchanged.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Heres a good question for the fitness guys..

4 weeks, average 3/4 hours of sleep per night.

Strength average 10-20kg off personal best.

Normal routine unchanged. Appetite unchanged. Motivation unchanged.

So are you asking why your 10-20kg off your best?

If so, possibly a lack of sleep sufficient sleep causing energy loss.

Do you feel tired?

pazzogen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute 5.7
Best preworkout is redbull and nodoze tablet's. Nothing else compare's, 20mins before training.