Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
There's a comp at the gym most reps of bench press at 50% bodyweight wins cash and trophy. I'm in training but not sure how i would go because the guy that usually wins is a personal trainer and therefore spends most of his time at the gym whereas i may get in an hour a day max.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
I've been thinking of doing a bit of training.
Would like to gain a bit of weight and strength.I'm usually around 70-75kgs 180cm tall.I've been told thats under weight for my height.
I eat quite healthy and have a physical job so find it difficult to keep weight on.Especially in summer,Working outdoors and sweating heaps.
1 of my flatmates has the door gym,Think its called tower 200 or something.Does that really get good results?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I have been training this year to get stronger, fitter and heavier. All simple at home exercises cos i cbf joining and paying gym membership.
had gained about 5kg until i caught the flu a few weeks ago. Then i lost 2 kg and i haven't had the energy yet to start again.
I have been taking RAPID weight gainer after workouts.

Unlike most posts above, i jog before my workout rather than after because it warms me up properly. If i don't jog i get back pain.
How do people gain weight eating the standard 3 meals a day as above ? I have to eat double that to get anywhere at all. 66kg, 185cm what a unit !!

cracker

Reaction score
ride cross country/single trail 2-3 times a week, between 10 and 20km
(been able to get my 23km circuit down to 50-55mins which im pretty happy with)
and maybe 10-20km off heavyish downhill(back up hill) pending who else will come with me
plus basic weights 3-5 times a week... seems to be working... from march struggling to ride 5km i can now do 40km without killing myself and still being able to walk the next day

going to get back into swimming soon/next week

Crummy VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Excecutive
Anyone have any experience with training with asthma? I've stacked on about 30kg from my pre-pregnancy weight and need to start losing it soon. Was all prepared this week to start training and eating well and come down with the flu, a chest infection and just been diagnosed with asthma. I'm not going to start until I'm all better but might have to rethink things now. I was planning on doing lots of cardio work and some weight training. Bit worried about the cardio now because thinking back last time I went running it was causing me difficulties breathing and I coughed so much I vomitted. I thought maybe it was just me being unfit lol but appears it was asthma. I heard swimming is good but thats not practical for me at the moment with a young baby, so I guess I'll just try to walk my fat arse off until I come up with a better option.
I suffered from asthma attacks when I was younger, the best advice I can give is; take it slow, don't push yourself too hard.
You don't need to try and get fit in 2 weeks. Took me 7 years of training before I could go 12 rounds of boxing. Start small, skipping for 5 mins a day, then 10 etc. Same with walking. walk half of your route then jog the second half.
Don't let your asthma hold you back.

trenooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v8 wanna be
as stated above key things for mass

branch chain amino acids are key ( if you go to the gym you dont see gorillas drinking shakes, there eating plants.

compound exercises ect bench press, squats, chins

REST 36-72 hrs after hard session untill working same muscle groups.

now take note

if you are trying to loose body fat, you dont have to limit youtrself to cardio, you can easily get to 11% body fat simply by lifting weights!!!

trenooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v8 wanna be
also stated above, squats help generate human growth hormone = muscle gains

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Plus squats feel epic, centre your leg routine around 2 warm up sets of 15-20 reps, then 1 set of 20 reps of your 10 rep max. Do the 10 reps, then one at a time do another 10 without resting. Tell yourself you have to do it or gangsters are going to kill your pet fish, or if you can do it you will get 20,000,000 dollars. Commit hardcore and finish the 20 reps, then do some calf raises or something.

Bulk mass gain.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
FFS...... all you blokes who want to gain weight are doing it all wrong. Ok - here's Reapers 3 steps to heavy awesomeness:

1. Drink bourbon
2. Send the mrs to get more bourbon (exercise ruins any bourbon drinking gains you may have had)
3. Go to 1.

Done. All the gain with waaaaaaaaaaaay less effort. Dunno why you blokes make everything so difficult :bang:

Reaper