Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
FFS...... all you blokes who want to gain weight are doing it all wrong. Ok - here's Reapers 3 steps to heavy awesomeness:

1. Drink bourbon
2. Send the mrs to get more bourbon (exercise ruins any bourbon drinking gains you may have had)
3. Go to 1.

Done. All the gain with waaaaaaaaaaaay less effort. Dunno why you blokes make everything so difficult :bang:

Reaper

Amateurs... :rolleyes:

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
week one: weighed 83kgs

chest sesh tonite
-flat bench
-declined bench
-inclined bench
-flies
-run

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
brecky - cereal, yogurt, protein shakes every morning
lunch - burgers, pizzas anything high in protein carbs and fat followed by protein shake (im a chef)
dinner - always big followed by protein shake

deadlifting 80kg over body weight and benching 30kgs over body weight. feels good man. quit doing squats as im standing on my feet 60 hours a week, too much pain

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Well I started with idea of trying to get fitter and less Jabba the Hutt. July last year was my worst at 115kgs, though I am 6'4'' it was all jiggle, no muscle at all.

So I started like this July 10:

Untitled145616514+.png 51951651.png

My amazing weight loss solution was not to eat so ####ing much, and I started back up playing soccer.

This was me little under 3 months later, in September, I had dropped down to 100kg:

55297_1435606526276_1116348997_31064945_7731365_o.jpg

For me the motivation was easy, started dating my girlfriend early September and was still way out of her league so I was trying to play catch up. Plus when you Dad gives you the nick name flubber belly it's probably time to exercise a bit more...

I don't have any current photos, but I dropped down to about 93kgs for a bit, now I am building up muscle again. My brilliant regime is lift weights till everything hurt every 2 days pretty much and run around my neighbourhood the other days.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Day 1. Legs & Abs
Day 2 Chest and Tris (pushing muscles)
Day 3. Day Off
Day 4. Shoudlers
Day 5. Back and Biceps (pulling muscles)

All exercises are 5 x 5, with maxing out on the last two reps. I superset at least 4 exercises per session (ie close grip bench, with wide grip bench). Do for four weeks generally, have a week off and change routine every three months.

Diet - Pretty hit and miss. Try to eat healthy but love my food too much, especially the tatty chips. Always have a pre work solution/drink (have tried superdump, 1 BMR and currently using Jack 3D, which does seem to be to getting me as g'ed up as the other two, but I have only started using it the other day). Have a protein shake after a work out, currently muscle juice (but I think I will look into the branched chain amino acids). Trying to put on weight, cant seem to get over 93kg, about 90kg at the moment and 181cm tall, want to get to 95kg and maintain it, then maybe go for 100kg.

Hints/Tips (I am no expert and not claiming to be either, as I am always looking for advice myself)
1. Concentrate more on the movement, rather than lifting big weights, most exercises are suppose to be performed with no cheating. Think about what muscle your trying to
exercise.
2. Work the muscles, if its too easy, add more weight, you should not be too comforatable with the weight you are lifting. if you arent feeling like you are exhausted or have done a work afterwards, your not working hard enough. - this was a common problem off mine before and even now I have to remind myself at times
3. Shock your muscles, dont continue with your routines too long, your muscles need stimulus to grow. even reverse your routine or change the amount of reps/sets you do.

Last edited:

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
forgot to add, I do no cardio, only wakling and stretch before and after.

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Day 1 -Legs/Core
Day 2 -Shoulders
Day 3 -Chest/Biceps
Day 4 -Back/Tris

I also do boxing for fitness weekly and 2 to 3 times a week I run 6 kays. In the warmer weather I'll start swimming to improve my asthma.

Diet:
What I eat mostly:
Porridge in the morning, salads or fruits, plenty of water, and brown rice mixed with vegis

What I steer away from:
White bread, soft drinks, muesli bars (have a look how much sugar are in these things!), fast food and alcohol (Can be hard on the weekends :spot on:)

However.... I still have a day once a week where 'I eat what I like' -my binge out day.

Last edited:

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Anyone have any experience with training with asthma? I've stacked on about 30kg from my pre-pregnancy weight and need to start losing it soon. Was all prepared this week to start training and eating well and come down with the flu, a chest infection and just been diagnosed with asthma. I'm not going to start until I'm all better but might have to rethink things now. I was planning on doing lots of cardio work and some weight training. Bit worried about the cardio now because thinking back last time I went running it was causing me difficulties breathing and I coughed so much I vomitted. I thought maybe it was just me being unfit lol but appears it was asthma. I heard swimming is good but thats not practical for me at the moment with a young baby, so I guess I'll just try to walk my fat arse off until I come up with a better option.

Asthma is curse!

I can't do cardio for very long until I start wheezing. I'm on a preventer (Flixotide) which help a lot and I use regular Ventolin where necessary.

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Like this thread, motivational!

Just started.

I've always struggled with my wieght and working in an office doesn't help. In 2009 i decided that enough was enough, i was around 110kg after spending a year of not eating right and not excersising. As opposed to going the hard route, i took the quick route of a shake diet. That year i lost 25kg and was very very happy!

Kept it off for the best part of a year but then fell back into bad habits, bigger portions, booze and general bad eating. Back to 105kg and not happy.

I'm planning on getting back to around 75/80kg the proper way now. Slowly loosing weight again..

so.

Reason for Training: Loose weight, get fitter in general.

Starting Weight: 105kg
Current Weight: 103kg

Training: Walking more, swimming, joining a gym

Diet: Balance. I'll still have a treat once a week but cutting portions down. Drinking more water. Reducing alcohol intake.
Breakfast: 70grams of museli with skimmed milk
Lunch: Generally dinner from the night before (make extra for lunch the next day)
Dinner: Chicken Salad or something equally healthy.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Why? gentleman, was i not informed of this earlier. (Jecs & Hamma im looking at you :p)

I first got into weight lifting because all my mates were doing it and seeing massive results.

To be honest at first it was just to fit in, but going to gym has been my best decision in a long time.
Dragged me out of the alchoholic depression i was in, boosted allowed me to be social. I have made new mates and lost ones along the way because of it but no regrets what so ever.

i Started at i think 93kg

I'm now 87kg but with alot more muscle - feels good, like really good.

The comment about BCAA's Is spot on aswell.

Reason for training: Muscle Gain

Suppliments:

- preworkout: Mesomourph

- BCAA's: chain-d out

- Protien: Gold Standard 100% Whey

I wrote up workout for Hamma time last night. So here it is.

I Cant rememeber/dont know technical terms for some of these so ive just explained them

chest/triceps

-Dumbell or barbell bench heavy weight 6-8 reps.

-Incline machine, allows you to do one arm at a time. Massive weight 6-8 reps.

-Cable chest fly supersetted with incline chest fly raise.

-Incline chest flies supersetted with close hand push ups or peck deck.

- tricpes rope pulldown

- reverse grip pull down

- ^ <this shaped handle cable tricep pull down, supersetted with dip machine.

Back Bi's

- Lat pulldown

- bent over one arm back rows, but on the seated machine.

- upright cable row

- lat fly ( Arms straight up just above your headthen pull the weight down to your groin with your arms straight)

- seated dumbell curls supersetted with preacher curls

- incline seated bicep curl supersetted with hammercurl bar

- reverse grip bicep curls supersetted with preachers with your uper arm parralell to the ground

Shoulders

- Shoulder press

- side raises

- back shoulder fly super setted with bent over back shoulder fly

- front raises supersetted with side fly raises

- upright rows supersetted with front plate raises

Traps

- rolling trap shrug

- seated shrugs.

Abs/legs

- vertical leg raises supersetted with inclined sit ups

- seated crunch machine supersetted with horizontal bench leg raises

- kneeling cable ab pull downs supersetted with hovering crunches on a bench

- oblique cable twists with overhead side ab swing thingy.

- oblique lifts ( lie incline sideways and sway up slowly) supersetted with oblique raises with 20plate in hand.

- legs press

- squats

- calf raises

- front leg raises

- behind leg raises.