Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
first u get the weights, then u get the solarium then u become Zyzz

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
You can both do it.

Anything you need, whatever your pleasure... i can facilitate! Call me caretaker

LongestYard286.jpeg

first u get the weights, then u get the solarium then u become Zyzz

u 'mirin ####?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
You can both do it.

Anything you need, whatever your pleasure... i can facilitate! Call me caretaker

LongestYard286.jpeg

u 'mirin ####?

Just ensure you have lots of mesomorph in your bedroom for Hozy and that should about cover it I think... lol

Good luck lads.

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
Good luck boys hard task for both of you but im sure it can be done. its amazing what you can achieve in 3 months if you actually set your mind to it.

i have the same goal has Jecs 3 months to have a six pack

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I have a 6 pack... it's just concealed by my winter fat... left over form summer... :p

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have a 6 pack... it's just concealed by my winter fat... left over form summer... :p

Pfffft - you wanna 6 pack? I've got a keg!

Reaper

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

Your married now mate,

You need to work extra hard to keep the fat off...

In the bedroom and at the gym.

Keep it clean in the kitchen as well :) but you got that under control so far :spot on:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Phew...just read the whole thread...and now feeling cross eyed.

Anyways, my 2c worth.

I've been training at the gym since 1994 and only started because I started playing gridiron in 93 and at 5 ft 11 & 69 kgs decided I needed more strength and weight to survive.

When I finished playing at the end of 2004, my playing weight was 79 kgs (age then = 35), bearing in mind the season over here is played during summer (with pre-season during winter).

Now at age 42 (well 43 next Wednesday) I am pretty consistantly weighing 80 kgs (give or take a couple of kgs).

I go to the gym 3 mornings per week (and have done the whole time). The last few months have been 6 am starts, but prior to that was 5-30 am starts. Workout lasts for around an hour with stretching at the end. Yes it can be hard getting up in the cold and dark of winter when the alarm goes off at 5 am but once I walk in the door of the gym it's all good. It's very rare that I miss one of my scheduled mornings (my wife goes Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday mornings and we alternate to look after the rug rats) and would only be if I was away or really crook.

I'm not trying to specifically bulk up or trim down, rather maintain around the 80 kg mark. I could probably loose a bit around the belly but hey, I enjoy the beer too much. I was up to 86 kg about 18 months ago and didn't feel right so dumped the weights for 3 months, did 1 hour cardio sessions and around the same removed 250 m2 of lawn from the front garden and dropped down to 77 kgs.

At the moment, my workout is as follows (all exercises are 3 sets of 10 reps) :-

Monday Chest & Arms

Flat bench
Incline bench
Pec Deck
Crossovers

Between each set of chest I do a set of arms,

Dumbell curls
Barbell curls
Tricep extension (bar)
Tricep extension (rope)

15 mins eliptical cross trainer

Stretch

Tuesday Rest

Wednesday Shoulders & Back

Lawnmower Pulls
Lat Pulldowns
Military Press
Shoulder Press
Flys

Between each of these sets I do abs which will vary between leg raises, crunches, sit ups etc

15 mins rowing machine

Stretch

Thursday Rest

Friday Legs and Arms

5 mins bike (to warm up the old legs lol)

Leg extensions
Leg Curls
Leg Press
Free Squats (no waits or bar)

Between each of these I will also do

Tricep extensions (6 sets) between curls and extensions
Preacher Curls (6 sets) between Press and Squats

15 mins on bike

Stretch

Saturday & Sunday

Rest day from the gym but will involve pushing the mower and associated equipment around for an hour plus any other random gardening activity (mulching, hole digging etc)

I love training as it is the only real exercise I get after playing sports for near on 25 years which I don't do now because my knees and ankles are pretty ordinary (particularly after tearing the medial and posteroir cruciate ligaments in mu left knee twice).

This is also supplemented with 40 minutes a day walking the kids to and from school for the last couple of months.

Diet wise, I try not to eat too much junk (although I will from time to time), generally

Breakfast - muesli

Lunch - sandwich or toast

Dinner - meat (chicken, lamb or beef) with salad or steamed veg for dinner.

I've never taken any supplements, pre-workouts etc.

Good to see you guys putting in the effort. Keep on keeping on (from someone who has and still is). Gym membership is due shortly and will be year 18.

EDIT - sorry, just realised how long this is !

Last edited:

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Any of you boys doing tough mudder tomorrow or sunday?
If so, might see you there.

aZk.