Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

pazzogen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute 5.7
Any one around the Narre area that can help me upload pics? Having a real hard time, don't know if it's me or computee. Brother gave up within 10 mins and told me to buy new laptop. LOL

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
Just looking for a bit of advice for the gym and what / what not to do

I have a really quick metabolism but am extremely lazy, Mum got me a good deal on fitness first so she's asked me if i'd be interested in going for next to nothing.

I'll be going alone (until i find a mate who goes to fitness first) so was just wondering what i can start with.

I want to bulk my upper body (not overly) but mostly focus on core strength and definition.
I'll be starting up BJJ and Muay-Thai fairly soon if that changes anything as well

Cheers!

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Google 5 x 5 strength training. Get your base strength decent then start doing more complex routines

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Barry-Sanders-Nike-Ad.jpg

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Started a new program today. 5 x 5 program built around 5 compound exercises, training 3 times a week. After a few years of isloation training and some compound exercises, 4 times a week, with mixed results, I thought I would give this a go. I have really started to concentrate on the diet and the amount of meals taken in each day. The principle behind the whole thing is to lift heavy, to build strength and the size will come (obviously with eating enough also), increasing the weight every session, until unable to increase anymore. I will track my progress and keep updating the thread. Ill give it the 12 weeks as outlined and see what happens.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I want to bulk my upper body (not overly) but mostly focus on core strength and definition.
I'll be starting up BJJ and Muay-Thai fairly soon if that changes anything as well
Cheers!

If you wanna bulk up and you already have a lightning fast metabolism, it will help a lot if you quit all cardio. And there is a **** load of cardio in Thai and BJJ. All you'll be doing in those classes is burning calories. So you will have to eat even more to make up for that.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
ok, i need to buy new trainin gloves. last year for my bday i got a pair of everlast ones but ive ripped through the leather. want somethin with good wrist support, comfy, breathable. any suggestions?

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
I'm not big on gloves. And I only use wrist support if I've hurt my wrist.

We can buy wrist wraps, gloves and the like from our gym, maybe just go to a gym and see if you can get some from them. I've got two pairs at my house I don't use if you want them : p jks.