Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
dude. imhalfway through - tears in my eyes.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Well this thread has been a bit quiet lately so time for an update.

Im now down to 70kg with heaps more muscle mass so pretty happy with that. Total weight loss of 10kg sense the end of August last year. now try to put on more muscle and get my abs visible. this is what im doing currently.

Squats 3 x 8-10
Bench Press 3 x 8-10
Deadlifts 3 x 8-10
1 arm Rows 3 x 8-10
Military Press 3 x8-10

if im short for time i might do clean and press in place of military press and deads. also been adding in a bit of body weight work Chins, Pull up, Dips etc.

hows everyone else going?

70kg? When I'm in Perth in May I'm buying you two Scotch Fillet Steaks!! Wow-wee lol.

As for me, I had seized joints in my back in January and haven't been able to train for 4 weeks, only just got back into my routine 2 weeks ago.
Been watching a lot of Max's Muscle TV, I've stripped all the weight back and just focusing on technique and form. It's amazing the results I've seen by watching the technique as opposed to the weights, the definition and strength of my muscles is better than when I was benching 110kg (doing 75 atm).

I'd highly recommend you YouTube some of the eps and try and implement both the workouts and techniques.

As for Jack3d, I'd be careful, my mate was on it for 6 weeks and ended up getting really f*cked and being in hospital for a few days.

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
70kg? When I'm in Perth in May I'm buying you two Scotch Fillet Steaks!! Wow-wee lol.

Yeah mate im only a small bloke only 172cm so its not that low for how tall i am.

if you get the form right the weight will increase back to where you had it in no time.

Well its monday who is hitting it this afternoon?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Well finally, after being out of action in the gym for about a year and a half I signed up a couple weeks ago...
Signed up for $199 for 12 months at derrimut gym(guys in the western suburbs would probably have heard about it) but have to wait till the new caroline springs gym is open before my membership takes effect, thing is going to be massive :D

Pretty much my goal is to lose some kg's and just generally get fit again, then after I'm back into the swing of things it I'll be doing a workout that focus's on compound movements (thinking something like a GVT or 5x5)...

Cant wait till I do an epic leg session, I remember last time I done one I forgot how hard I trained and went to run and my legs collapsed, WIN!

Also this guy on youtube knows his **** so I'd recommend subscribing
CampbellFitness - YouTube
Same with this guy
HanhChampion - YouTube

And also search for "ice1cube", he used to be on youtube but deleted his account (but some people have re uploaded his vids).. by far one of the most inspirational people with very good info, and he had some brutal workouts..

Anyone else got some good youtube channels or websites that people should bookmark?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Did shoulders and legs last night so hurting at both ends!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
squat.jpg

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Yep! Only using 50kg's at the moment, working my way up.

Good stuff, yeah don't go too heavy too quickly.

Deadlifts and squats I went gungho into and did my back a couple of times.

I can now comfortably squat 100kg, but yeah work your way up to it.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
can someone inform me why tuna is so good for weights and general wellbeing?