Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
Depends on what you want to achieve?

Diet is also paramount in this as well.

Jecs baby, sick looking setup. Even better because it's free!!!! Get a stezza going and pump it!!!

By the way, thought I'd share what my gym looks like

OUTSIDE
22256_1301763699844_6895745_n.jpg

INSIDE
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/375412_10150503253022527_736740370_n.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Hey Hamma,
What to train for ffitness and to look good. Currently doing a full body routine that I try and do 3 times a week. However only manage 2 sessions on week on average.

So looking at moving to something that I can do mon/tues/wed/thursday

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Hey Hamma,
What to train for ffitness and to look good. Currently doing a full body routine that I try and do 3 times a week. However only manage 2 sessions on week on average.

So looking at moving to something that I can do mon/tues/wed/thursday

To train for fitness your going to want to orientate your workouts towards a lower weight, higher rep type thing. By doing this, you are combining muscle building (although more limited compared to a 'building' program) with the effects of cardio (by doing lots of reps you get your heart rate up).

Lot's of core exercises and compound exercises will be your best friend, as well as a combination of HIIT (High intensity interval training) and more endurance based cardio workouts.

Exercises such as:
  • Bench Press
  • Squats
  • Deadlifts
  • Lunges
  • Cable Row
  • Bent over Row
  • Leg Press
  • Ab crunches
  • Pushups
  • Chin Ups (Wide Grip)
  • Military Press
  • Clean and Press

Fitness workouts aren't really my field of expertise in terms of their intrinsic detail, I'm more bodybuilding and nutrition - I would however, recommend a couple of sessions with a Personal Trainer (do your research on which one you listen to) and get him to help you design a program.

What I've said above will be correct in the sense of what your workouts entail, but put it all together to really give you the best results I'd go and see a Fitness oriented PT.

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
Completed this giant set this morning to absolute failure . Felt a massive pump . Was great

6e1205c6.jpg

4b1c69f5.jpg

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
In terms of back exercises, we all know that nothing is better than a few sets of Wide Grip Chin ups (minimum 8 reps) for really tearing the muscle fibres in your lats and mid/upper back.

For my back routine I usually do:

3 X 8-10 Wide Grip Chin ups
3 X 8-10 Seated Lat Pull Downs (last set usually drop-setted)
3 X 8-10 Seated Cable Row (last set usually drop-setted)
3 X 8-10 Barbell Bent over Row
3 X 8-10 Deadlifts

It's a good routine for me and leaves me absolutely pumped and really burning until my 24 hour recovery really kicks in.

However, one thing I always alternate is Bent over Rows and T-Bar rows. Similar target area on your back, but very different feel, as my recovery is improving, I'm considering throwing T-Bar Row's in on top of what I'm already doing to act as the 'final killer' on whatever muscle fibres aren't burning by that stage of the workout.

Which of you guys do which exercises or both, and who likes which one for what reason?

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
been going gym for 3 weeks now and already been increasing in weight.
diet-wise im much healthier and drink hardly any alcahol on the weekends.

got my monthly weigh in next week so i'll see my progress then!

im not taking and supps at the moment as im not too sure what to get?
what you guys recommend ?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I train my shoulders, back and core together. Routine as follows, all are 3x10 :-

Lawnmower pulls
Lat Pull Downs
Military Press
Dumbell Shoulder press
Flys

Between each set of these is a set of core exercise i.e. incline sit ups, leg raises, crunches etc.

Occassionally I will do 3 sets of wide grip chin ups but not regularly.

And finish with 15 minutes on the rowing machine which gets me through 3kms. Works the back along with other parts of the body and gives some good cardio at the same time. One of my favourite exercises.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
Guess who's shake bottle lid popped open and destroyed my bag and everything in it today, that's right mine! fml.