Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I watched it. Was good.

Phil Heath deserved the win, came in very tight and thick. Kai is my all time favorite, but he didn't nail the conditioning like Phil, looked a tad flat and bloated. Jay looked quite disappointing given his reputation, Ramy and Rhoden looked fantastic but not enough to get near Phil.

For sets of 12 I regularly do about 260-320kg pyramid.

At a rough guess, 6 reps for failure I would probably do about 380-410kg

My max leg press is 440kg 1 rep.

I do leg press after squats, so legs are already a bit blown by then.

What an animal :p
Nice work dude, I stopped doing squats for a while (lower back pain and didn't want to do any further damage) and was doing the 3x12 on 320kg on the leg press, now I'm back doing squats and tried a 300kg leg press after squats tonight, got out 2 sets of 5 and 1 set of 3.
Needless to say, I was ####ed.

But I really missed squats.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Went to PT again today, only cause my trainer is this little sexy blonde thing who I'd split in half if i had the chance.

1 X 15 140kg leg press
1 X 15 32.5kg shoulder press
1 x 20 dips
1 x 15 30kg barbell curl

Did that circuit 3 times with 30seconds between each. Lose my breakfast on the last set of curls :D

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
16/09/2013 - Good work Troy, I'll watch you closely as some motivation, I was 114.8kg when I got back on the wagon, and now down to 109 also. Im hoping to be under 100kg by the end of the year, more than realistic for me I believe.

Been riding mountain bike heaps before and after work. Taking the long walk into work, just simple ****, and dropping portion sizes and cutting out alot of crap, still eating plenty too :(

I really want to start running, though Honestly I've done any sort of running since primary school, anyone got any tips on starting to run, ie, do I just jog to exhaustion and walk and build myself up, or do I do small sprints/walk repeat.

15/10/2013 - Today I weighed in at 105.6, so Im confidently at 106kg's now, had a slow month, got back on the beer and everytime I go for a walk or ride I get attacked my ####ing Magpies, so the motivation isnt there, but apart from my terrible weekend, my eating habits are getting ALOT better.
Breakfast: Smaller bowl of cereal, bugger all milk, one pear.
Lunch: Salad with 1/3rd chicken breats.
Tea: Generally meat and veg, or stirfry/pasta.

I have no choice but to face the wind/rain and Magpies tonight and 2 more nights this week, I have a 40km ride with 1000m's elevation to do on Sunday.

2 months a go, me and bloke at work planned the above ride and locked in the date, has given us something to work towards, I've since done a couple of flat 40-45km rides with ease, and a couple of 30km rides with 700m elevations with the obvious struggle on the inclines, but Im confident I will complete Sundays ride.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I weighed in at 104 for the last week or so so now I'm claiming 10 kilos down with 9 more to go! Not bad for 9 weeks. I feel A LOT fitter too, I don't run out of breath at work when I'm going hard plus I've picked up intensity and longevity on my work outs. The best part is that I've got a whole new wardrobe to wear for summer! I reckon the biggest buzz I'll get is when I hit 99 kilos, it's been probably 4 years since I was double figures.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
do you blokes include the leg press machine weight or purely the plates? And i've had a crap few weeks on the piss and being away not at the gym....so i've decided no grog from now 20-10-2013 until work break up which should be the 20-12-2013, so 2 months off the grog and no shitty eating i'm hoping to shed a bit of fat coming into summer. Don't know my weight but ill try find out soon. (+ playing footy next year so wanna get a bit more aerobically fit aswell.)

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
do you blokes include the leg press machine weight or purely the plates? And i've had a crap few weeks on the piss and being away not at the gym....so i've decided no grog from now 20-10-2013 until work break up which should be the 20-12-2013, so 2 months off the grog and no shitty eating i'm hoping to shed a bit of fat coming into summer. Don't know my weight but ill try find out soon. (+ playing footy next year so wanna get a bit more aerobically fit aswell.)

Plates only. Leg press machine would weigh 5kg or less given it's a free moving machine. Similar to smith machine. Weighs SFA

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
tumblr_mqwdsy838e1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg

hama what weight you think he looks better at? 91kg his pecs are better but overall i think he looks better bigger

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
third mob ive tried to order my smart shaker from, lets hope this places doesnt let me down. shits so handy but hard to get

smartshake_white.jpg