Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Great NZ Lockdown 2020 thread

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Apart from he reduced alcohol intake, it has been reported that Australians are not feeding $38M per day into poker machines. The $ amount could be fake news, but the general idea would be true, as clubs and pubs are shut.

As for personal stay at home, our yard looks the best it has for yonks.
I have no doubt that number is real. It's less than $1.50 per person, and some people put a few thousand through them.
My yard is looking pretty good too. I sprung my neighbour trimming some of my shrubs along the fence line. He was all apologetic and said I hope you don't mind :) He must have been bored lol. Saves me doing it ;)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
And a few hours later.....
file.php

file.php

Decided to put it back together outside as I have a decent bench out there for now. It really is amazing how quiet it is at the moment. I can hear the trains clearly which are about 2.5km from my house (as the crow flies). Definitely plenty of bird activity ATM, the native Wood Pigeons and resident Tui's are back and making plenty of noise. Plenty of folks out walking today in brilliant weather which is unusual for Anzac day.

I'll fill it with oil on the bench in the morning after the sealant has cured overnight. Then it can all go back into the car.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Australia and New Zealand Gov officials are in talks about a possible trans-Tasman travel bubble.
But there's an ongoing push for everyone to install some kind of mobile tracing App....screw that s-hit, Western governments are becoming ever more fascist, it's like we are all test subjects in an experiment of some kind, but nobody really knows who or what is operating the experiment.

Generally speaking, if foreign governments cannot fully trust each other, why should we blindly trust our own governments?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05...in-australian-covid-19-cabinet-talks/12211878

Apparently, non-essential international travel is off the cards till later in the year...that's pretty full on.
It's sounding more and more like a deliberately forced global economic recession.

The last thing we need is more Kiwi's coming over and stealing all of our jobs!
f0v46H7.jpg

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thursday 21 May 2020,

Tomorrow is my first day back at work. Have thoroughly enjoyed not been there. My employer is still using the government wage for most staff and work levels are still very low. looks like it's my turn to endure a few 12 hour shifts.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
And now that NZ is approaching normalcy, the hindsight experts and whingers will appear blinking into the daylight, and accusing Jacinda of all sorts of unnecessary actions which ruined their lives, eroded their freedom, and doomed the economy.
Sweden is doing well by ignoring the virus, putting their economy before the health well-being of it's 10M citizens, isn't it ?

I loved ScoMo’s reply a few days ago in Parliament, when criticised about the blown budget and how the deficit will be managed …….”And the white-anting begins …..”

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Our government has done a good job. It's been a real short sharp jolt to the economy but I think that will be better than if it got dragged out longer with more sick/dead people. Still plenty of hurt to go.

I'd say both the missus and I have the threat of redundancy hanging over our heads but we'll play the cards as they fall. Hospitality and tourism in particular are going to do it hard but on the other hand the southern motorway in Auckland was crawling this afternoon so traffic levels are fairly well back to pre-covid19 levels in that regard. No doubt more people are using cars instead of public transport but until social distancing requirements ease that will have to be the norm.

MY missus is still working from home, from the start of next month they will be alternating between working at home and in the office every other week. I have 3 shifts this week but no idea when the next shift will be and I'm told our company has applied for the extended wage scheme. So far they are making 5 people redundant but I'm sure that is only the first round and once the wage subsidies ends more off us will be down the road.

On the weekend our washing machine finally gave up the ghost. Spinning at full speed with a heavy load when one of the bearings locked up. Damn what a noise. Waiting on new bearings and seal to arrive to rebuild that ******.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm waiting for the Job Keeper payments to end. I suspect that will cement the end of a lot of peoples jobs here in Tas. Then I will see a massive influx of people coming to see me and my staff.
I secretly wanted to have my hours reduced by 20%. If they did I could have claimed early tax free super of $20k. I would have whacked it on the mortgage and used it to start building the new place. I started the application online and then realised I wasn't going to be eligible due to no wage drop. Bit bummed as the wife would have done the same. $40k between us would have meant contracts signed for new build while I hold off and get a decent price on current property, plus I'd have time to finish the side fence.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Aunty 'Cinda's update video from yesterday.

AUSTRALIA SOURCE OF MOST RETURNEES

Ardern said many of those coming home were coming from Australia, where the welfare system is mostly locked away from non-citizens.

"The majority all the way through have been coming out of Australia. That is a large number of Kiwis coming home, and you can keep in mind their access to support should they lose their job is difficult in Australia," Ardern said.

Ockers can stop whinging about "bloody keewees comin over here and stealing our jobs" (but we are going to keep drinking your beer and shagging your sheilas).