Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The L67 Ute

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Been a while since i posted on the Ute...

I decided to sell it some time back as i have moved on to another project... That is where the problem started.

I had the Ute sold a guy coming from 2hrs south of me to hopefully purchase it... Starts blowing white smoke and a bit of water, ring the guy and ask to hold off until i sort it...
Turns out it was the LIM Gaskets, i changed them with MACE ones and did the Blower Gasket and O Rings as well.
All good and back together until i snapped the coolant pipe lug, of course you can't buy them new so had to source one, that was fun finding one.
Get to the turn key point and it won't fire, walked away for few months and go work on other projects...
Finally find the motivation to sort it out... new DFI and a plug not in properly... Fires up...
Running but white smoke.... Turns out the fuel was old, replaced and much better.

Battery Light was flickering then on full time, i assume the regulator is old and stuffed, ordered a new one, here in a day or two and hope it sorts it out.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Wow big day for deliveries....

Regulator turned up, went down and fitted it, fitted alternator....
Starts runs but light is still on but only dim about half the brightness, when you rev it, it dies down the glow and foot off revs it's back to half glow.

I suppose i need to check the battery, hate doing electrical stuff...

Reactions: Lex