Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
another lockdown for VIC , UK is getting tens of thousands of cases every day and they are opening up... we get 18 cases and lock down a whole state
Yeah, wat?
I heard earlier today Melbourne was going into a snap lockdown, then I see it is the whole state.:oops:

There are southerners getting up here to far northern Oz, dunno how, but the population is booming, insane.
We came up here 12 yrs ago for the remoteness, to get away from the rat race, now it's followed us up here,
Too many fuc king people on the planet.
I hate getting stuck in ficking traffic congestion.
The town planners have no fecking idea what they are doing....all these half baked infrastructure projects that are tack ons to previous waste of money road projects that were never designed properly.

These lockdowns are going to have a serious aftershock for many years, and today the friedeggburg treasurer was patting himself on the back because the unemployment rate has come down
They are cooking the books.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Yeah, wat?
I heard earlier today Melbourne was going into a snap lockdown, then I see it is the whole state.:oops:

There are southerners getting up here to far northern Oz, dunno how, but the population is booming, insane.
We came up here 12 yrs ago for the remoteness, to get away from the rat race, now it's followed us up here,
Too many fuc king people on the planet.
I hate getting stuck in ficking traffic congestion.
The town planners have no fecking idea what they are doing....all these half baked infrastructure projects that are tack ons to previous waste of money road projects that were never designed properly.

These lockdowns are going to have a serious aftershock for many years, and today the friedeggburg treasurer was patting himself on the back because the unemployment rate has come down
They are cooking the books.
yep few people down in melb and yet whole state shut down starting at 5 days thats Dans way best contact tracing in the world but straight to a lockdown lets see how many small business survive this time and then the continuing wait for lockdown 6... im not too worried about myself ill make it thru (if my super survives) but the next generation will feel this pandemic, i just hope we learn from it as so far we are still at step 1

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
yep few people down in melb and yet whole state shut down starting at 5 days thats Dans way best contact tracing in the world but straight to a lockdown lets see how many small business survive this time and then the continuing wait for lockdown 6... im not too worried about myself ill make it thru (if my super survives) but the next generation will feel this pandemic, i just hope we learn from it as so far we are still at step 1
Dan the man heard their was federal grants available :D

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Lockdown is the only weapon at our disposal until this debacle of a vaccination program is complete. It's easy to criticise lockdown when it works. Sometimes you only have the lesser evil to choose from

Covid will never go away but it can at least be relegated into the same category as measles, meningitis, mumps and all the other potentially deadly infections with possible long term effects we don't ever think about anymore cause most of us have been jabbed. The one bonus is how good our 5g will be when we're all done

People are just so over it that contact tracing is becoming far less effective. This needs to end

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I honestly think our early success at keeping covid out of our communities has hurt our vaccination drive. Countries with high infection rates/deaths are getting priority Deliveries and probably paying what ever is been asked for the vaccines. Someone is getting rich from this.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The UK experiment shall be interesting to watch. I say experiment Because they honestly have no idea what will happen in the next few months but if the current infection rates/deaths is anything to go by things are not looking good. The UĶ was one of the early proponents for just living with the virus. Clearly their PM hasnt really changed much with his intent.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

You do realise that:

People from regional Vic were at the footy where an outbreak occurred ?

That the Sydney removalists travelled through regional Vic ?

That there are positive cases in Regional Vic ?

Would you rather Dan follow the "NSW way" of Gladys Borisjiklian where their health system is crumbling before our eyes with positive ambos leading to dozens of other ambos being in iso, hospitals going to code black due to infected staff and hundreds of others in iso and hundreds of cleaners not cleaning now coz they aren't being provided with PPE ?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You do realise that:

Would you rather Dan follow the "NSW way" of Gladys Borisjiklian where their health system is crumbling before our eyes with positive ambos leading to dozens of other ambos being in iso, hospitals going to code black due to infected staff and hundreds of others in iso and hundreds of cleaners not cleaning now coz they aren't being provided with PPE ?

Dude NSW is still under VIC's tally keep your BS coming it's entertaining.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Dude NSW is still under VIC's tally keep your BS coming it's entertaining.

Are you referring to the hundreds of deaths in federally run aged care in Vic ? That tally ?

You do know that the rest of the country has written a playbook for Gladys on how to manage an outbreak but she refused to read it ?

FYI, WA squashed a Delta outbreak (thanks again Gladys) in less than 1 week.

NSW at 97 cases today (~1,000 active cases) and over 30 strollers, with 18 in ICU and 4 on ventilators and no end in site with their current Mockdown.

NSW has caused multiple interstate outbreaks.

Why do you defend such incompetence from NSW ?

Also, you're just showing your ignorance (surprise, surprise) by calling facts BS.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
You do realise that:

yes i totally understand that if i catch it i have a massive 1% chance of passing away, so i risked it more driving to work today, on average every year 2 people a day die from the normal flu... look at the stats from the UK the delta variant has a 0.02% death rate same as common flu and less then the original covid strain, it just spreads faster thats all, the premiers are only using the health advice to run this where they need to look at more dynamically, u know with the lockdowns and teens killing themselves will prob out weight the virus toll if it hasnt already but the premiers dont show those numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.