Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Initially no, but through either the Vax and contracting covid, there has to be a level of natural immunity, so why is there so much push for the Vax even if you've had covid?

I'm jabbed, not antivax, just putting it out there why there isn't more reporting of this?

Natural resistance is the key term, rather than immunity.

New flu strains appear each year. Vaccination helps the body to fight it, even if you've had the flu before.
Covid is the same.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Initially no, but through either the Vax and contracting covid, there has to be a level of natural immunity, so why is there so much push for the Vax even if you've had covid?

I'm jabbed, not antivax, just putting it out there why there isn't more reporting of this?

Yes there is but it's not ever lasting. When you get an infection your immune system produces anti-bodies. When the good fight is fought (and you survived to tell the tail) those anti-bodies remain in your system. If you have had a previous infection testing for anti-bodies is how you confirm that infection.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
NZ PM has just announced, once omicron is in the NZ community we will go back to the Red Light setting but no lockdowns. The aim seems to be to slow transmission and not overwhelm the public health system in a short time.

I see this happening within days and possibly a week. Omicron has saturated the MIQ system and statistically speaking it's only a matter of time before it escapes if it hasn't already done so. The next 6-8 weeks might be interesting....

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

Nnnnnnnooooooo!!!!!!!........Be careful what you ask for!
Hey guys go easy on “ephect” I don’t think he’s got any idea what he’s letting himself in for.
ephect, take a quick look at the preceding 240 pages, then get the feck out of this thread now!!!!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
NZ PM has just announced, once omicron is in the NZ community we will go back to the Red Light setting but no lockdowns. The aim seems to be to slow transmission and not overwhelm the public health system in a short time.

[/URL]

I see this happening within days and possibly a week. Omicron has saturated the MIQ system and statistically speaking it's only a matter of time before it escapes if it hasn't already done so. The next 6-8 weeks might be interesting....

NZ's policy - " minimise and protect "

That would be nice.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Give it time, the Omicron is the Vaxxx creation. 1st shot, we got Delta, 2nd shot we got Epsilon, here come the booster, Omicron came next. What was the new shît, Deltacrome? Back in 2020 we got shît/nothing/zilch/nada. Jabs roll out we got all this shît along with a shît load of excuses of why the big Pharma cannot get their shît together. Get the 4th shot to fix this mess, book your 5th, another strain is going to roll out. On top of that, the return to normalcy carrot, do not forget about that one along with the passport and cell phone track.

Folks, you are getting played.
The next is whichever letter of the ancient Greek alphabet is assigned to the variant that gains the upper hand. Many variants have only been short lived, been less infectious, have failed to gain foot-holds. You don't understand time and the theory of relativity do you? Or selective memory? WE got the vaccines while the destitute third world countries on a continent that is still struggliing with 3 decades of being unable to purchase drugs to cope with endemic HIV infections can't get anywhere near enough, so THAT is the petri dish where the omicron variant group of mutations arose without anything to slow its progress. This is not a game, but if it was you still wouldn't be able to read that nobody is being played. However, people like you in very large ignorant numbers are being beaten by a brainless viral organism.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nnnnnnnooooooo!!!!!!!........Be careful what you ask for!
Hey guys go easy on “ephect” I don’t think he’s got any idea what he’s letting himself in for.
ephect, take a quick look at the preceding 240 pages, then get the feck out of this thread now!!!!

I think he's asked a valid question and it deserves a proper answer. The other user just posts useless conspiracy junk in multiple threads and that's the simple reason why the responses are what they are.

As to the question. People can get infected and re-infected with covid, both those who have had the vaccine and previous covid infections.

A quick search finds plenty of articles on infections/re-infections, immune systems and anti-bodies etc.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I like a good discussion, to which honestly seams most it in this thread is not.

I've read bits and pieces similar to above and and there is yet to be more conclusive study.

Certainly interesting, Thanks gents for your insight

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Indeed and unfortunately it will take many years before we have a better understanding of this virus.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Status
Not open for further replies.