Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Watch this space.
Governments and bureaucrats love targets and forecasting, but have a poor track record of forecasting and reaching targets.

I wonder what's happening over in China.

My boss is Chinese and sometimes we talk about what's happening over there. Although he hasn't mentioned about the delta strain going on at the moment.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Watch this space.
Governments and bureaucrats love targets and forecasting, but have a poor track record of forecasting and reaching targets.

I wonder what's happening over in China.

we will never truly know as they only tell the outside world what they want them to know.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Evidence? That video is just an opinion. Mark Wooding only regurgitates ideas with a spattering of philosophical ramblings and some cartoons. He doesn't present any peer reviewed scientific findings or even backs anything up with proven facts.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Once again, opinion, not evidence. What "evidence" is there that the Gov uses fear to take away my rights? It's an objective opinion formed by the perception of the individual. "I believe the virus is fake, so any attempt to impact my freedoms must be a plot by the Gov to control me"

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's actually called the Anti Terrorism Act here. And let's define a few things, The Oxford Dictionary calls terrorism “the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.” So terrorists use fear (and violence). A law was introduced to mitigate that. The act of the terrorists that provoked that Bill was the fear, the Gov didn't "use" fear to do anything. It was a reaction to an event that sought to identify and reduce the chance of another act of terrorism occurring in Australia.

If you're going to draw a line between the rational fear of being blown up by a terrorist and the irrational fear of "every Muslim must be a terrorist" so we must introduce laws to control the population, then that is an example of the perception of the individual. Laws are introduced as a reaction to an event all the time. Do you believe that the Gov is only using our fear against us to create these laws to control us?

Let's talk about traffic lights. Uncontrolled intersections have an extremely high risk of a crash resulting in death. Mr Gov comes along and says "hey driver, we are going to put a traffic light here to control the movement of cars so that the risk of a crash is significantly reduced" Is this an example of the Gov using the fear of dying in a car crash to install devices that control our movements?

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.