Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Correct, stopped is a bad word in this context. Minimized would be better term.

A person with the flu knows they have the flu, in that case a few days at home, covering your cough and maintaining good hygiene would prevent you spreading your germs which means many others would not get sick. However for the majority such thinking doesn't gel with having to go to work, making it to the pub to have a beer with your mates or the other myriad of things we deem more important rather than spreading our germs.

People hospitalized with the flu costs out economies millions every year, the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff so to speak. Preventing infections and needlessly spreading the flu would most likely save the economy money in the long term, less sick days for employers and overall improvement in the health of the population. People are just to narrow minded to see it.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
q

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The world is indeed fraught with risk, spreading germs like the flu doesn't need to be one if people took basic precautions. Clearly such a though is to difficult for you to comprehend and your business is more important than some strangers health. Why should you care if they get sick and need hospitalization or worse death?

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
q

Last edited:

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
q

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I do care but as I said, the world is fraught with risk, its about managing it.

I care not for my business for I have been very lucky in life but you don't seem to grasp that small businesses are being destroyed while big businesses are growing exponentially and getting the vast majority of the money. You seem oblivious to the fact that money is going to have to be paid back and the damage that will cause to society is going to be severe but you can't seem to think long term.

I work for a medium to large size company that could potentially fall over any day even though here in NZ we haven't been in a lock down for many many months. I know the risks very well indeed. Should the worst happen however I have structured my affairs in such a way I'm not going to end up out on the street on my ass in the short to medium term.

Says a lot about the rampant capitalist society we live in when big business is getting rich on the suffering of the masses.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I love how you ignore the fact that Iceland has around 80% vaccination rate and yet, they are talking about lockdown.

Why can't people consider that it cant be stopped just like the flu.
I'm told by a reliable source that the main problem in Iceland right now is the amount of red tape and disfunctionality of their hospital system. Only 1 person I'm told is in hospital sick with Covid. But the health department is in panic because all their doctors are off on summer holidays at the same time so the hospital is deserted!
Apparently getting a doc appointment over there in summer time is an annual challenge.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
22 minute video which explains the message behind many of my own political postings, but does a better job :)
It's not just China we have to be concerned about.
Western democracies have been morphing into a mini-me totalitarian structure for 2 decades now, yeah it's happened that quickly, so quickly, with so many distractions, we can't keep up because there is too much internal conflict in our consciousness.

I'm posting the vid here because this virus pandemic and lockdowns are being used to generate fear, restrict personal freedoms and to isolate people. In every nation on the planet.

It's not just bad luck this virus is occurring at this moment in time. It's the perfect tool, and I don't think it's just bad luck that a new Delta variant is now moving through societies, younger people were becoming complacent, they now have something to fear...
The threat and/or use of biological warfare has been discussed by nation states all over the globe for years..

This video explains so much, very succinctly!

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

All while simultaneously avoiding answering any of the above points.

Then finally claiming indifference.

How about you reread my post and give us your opinion about the question it asked. What is the endgame of this supposed plot to keep the masses locked down
Totalitarian power?

Status
Not open for further replies.