Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Don't think they have an 'official' price on it yet, but they were talking a fair bit of cost over a standard SSV with everything that's done to it.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
they'll be selling it at a loss without doubt!!... FULL resprays like that are a money pit!! haha
Don't think they have an 'official' price on it yet, but they were talking a fair bit of cost over a standard SSV with everything that's done to it.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
W547 pack is about $25k through a dealer on top of RRP for car. Luxury tax kicks in at $63k or so. Might actually be cheaper to buy an HSV Clubby LSA. Still down on power but your driveline will last more than a week.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
they'll be selling it at a loss without doubt!!... FULL resprays like that are a money pit!! haha

If they have their own body shop I'd imagine it wouldn't cost them a great deal. A week's labour @ ~$1000/wk + paint + overheads. Couple of grand at most. Then they can mark them up like crazy because "full resprays are a money pit" ;)

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

Being a Redline you would have to think ~$90k which would be crazy.
I would buy a HSV instead but I guess guys who spend that sort of money on mods don't ever care about resale.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
well camden valley holden paid for the build. And although they would get some good rates I'm sure, it still would have been a bloody expensive exercise. Car went to JDR motorsport where it was completely stripped of all running gear, bumpers, doors, interior.... Full respray of engine bay, doors, sills, EVERYTHING.... then all put back together again, with addition of custom painted supercharger, custom painted 6 piston brakes, custom painted HSV pentagon wheels, and also fully stripped the interior and restitched it all with yellow stitching. Considering the car started as a $60k+ car. The total bill would have to be up around $100k considering the power pack alone is $25k.... Id be blown away if they even came close to getting their money back haha. My one would def be on a VF2 GTS before a bright yellow redline with a blower lol

If they have their own body shop I'd imagine it wouldn't cost them a great deal. A week's labour @ ~$1000/wk + paint + overheads. Couple of grand at most. Then they can mark them up like crazy because "full resprays are a money pit" ;)

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
that is true... but the colour is the only thing that makes it 1 of 1. Not a special one off build by holden which as all sorts of gear on it not available on other cars... Same power pack as anyone else can get, same brake upgrade anyone else can get etc etc.... If they had of chopped it and turned it into a coupe or something, that'd be a real 1 of 1. Redline with a power pack and paint job is what it is.

All I'm saying is that i really dont think its worth the money to a buyer.... but thats just me.

But 1 of 1.....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I absolutely agree with you.

I was being facetious. There is always someone who will buy into it though.

Out of interest, I wonder what the paint code says on the plate.

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Plate should show the original paint code I'd think. I'll have a look when I go back out there.