Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Having bought one (and it being our preferred colour) we've been on the lookout, and there are very few on the road.
It's not offered in the MY15 Redline.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Having bought one (and it being our preferred colour) we've been on the lookout, and there are very few on the road.
It's not offered in the MY15 Redline.

It's being discontinued for series 2, but I'm curious as we've sold as many Peacock as most other colors (except taxi).

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
What area are you in?
Maybe that makes a difference?
I see all white & various shades of silver, with Perfect Blue being the most common actual colour.
I see black a lot more frequently than Regal Peacock (I know because it takes a lot of checking in most light :) ).

Aaaand ... if Regal Peacock is dead, there go any chances of trading in the Redline on a Gen-FII blown R8 Tourer ... :D

Last edited:

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
My first VF was Regal Peacock. I was more than happy with the bright British racing green in bright sunlight, less happy with pretty well black in the shade. The dealer who traded the car did not seem to have much trouble moving it on.

I got slightly better than Redbook on the trade, and a BIG discount on the replacement, so I don't think the trade-in was inflated by adding to the price of the new car.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
It's just one of 'those' colours.... Alchemy is another one. Sizzle was one in VE. There's always a colour in the range that really struggles used. Vespers in VY/VZ.

Across the board Regal cars are making $3-4k less at the Holden auction. Black wheeled redlines are making a heap more than chrome wheeled MY14 redlines also.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
That makes sense, those Redline wheels look terrible in chrome; was oh-so-happy when the dealer had lost the original chrome wheels for ours, and a set of 5 of the MY15 black ones were thrown in! :)

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
2014 plated low mileage VF Redline Sedan's are currently making low $40's at the Holden Auction. I would say your changeover will be circa $20k. If your car is Regal Peacock, add $3k to that (every dealer will punish that colour greatly).

Probably showing my ignorance but what's the Holden auction?

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
It's where Holden sells their company fleet. It's held by Manheim on behalf of Holden usually once a week. All the Holden owned company fleet is sold to dealers, who then on sell them to the public.

It's typically a dumping ground for old stock that they can't retail, customer buy backs and ex-engineering vehicles. Up until VE they used to sell guaranteed buy back ex-Avis cars as well, but that finished up with VZ Commodore, with the last cars sold in early 2008.

The cars are usually 3 to 12 months old with between 2,000 and 20,000 kms, depending on who's being driving them and their orginal purpose.

Some cars make seriously good money (more than dealer new cost), whereas others are pretty good value. As you can imagine most of the cars are VF's.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It's just one of 'those' colours.... Alchemy is another one. Sizzle was one in VE. There's always a colour in the range that really struggles used. Vespers in VY/VZ.

Across the board Regal cars are making $3-4k less at the Holden auction. Black wheeled redlines are making a heap more than chrome wheeled MY14 redlines also.

Are "those" colours or chrome wheeled redlines selling for any less to the punters though ?

BTW, VFII live reveal here - New Commodore VFII - Hearing is Believing