Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
What factory options are you getting mate?

I've been told with mine there was a hold up with a few Redlines getting black roofs etc. I'm also getting the rear wing. I'm Sydney as well, ordered through Camden Valley Holden at Narellan.

I've bought my last two cars new from them and they've been pretty good. This time the certainty around delivery is definitely not as good. Hoping for the end of this week / early next week, but wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed again.

Black roof + wing, the rest is dealer fit, ordered from Castle Hill Holden.

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
Because there's huge demand for what was always going to be a popular model? Kind of obvious really.

If they told me in October it would be ready in mid-December then fair enough. The expectation has been set and reset a few times now, which is the annoying part. The deal was negotiated in part on a quick delivery - this has not transpired. Very frustrating.

Edit: Yeah, I know. First world problems, it's all relative, I should be so lucky etc. Don't mind me, just having a vent.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Back in Canada I had a mate who bought his first brand new vehicle (was a Dodge Ram pick up) that was shipped up from the States on a train. When the train arrived the truck wasn't there... apparently it was poorly strapped and had fallen off about 400 km earlier. A total write off. So, it could be worse

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Black roof + wing, the rest is dealer fit, ordered from Castle Hill Holden.

the black roof is the hold up most definitely.

i ordered on the 16/11 and am on schedule for it to come off the production line on the 3rd December.

when i ordered, we made a few phone calls to Holden as was told that if it was going to optioned with a black roof on a sedan, was looking at end of January and if it was going to be a wagon, was looking at the end of February.

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
So is it just the Redlines in demand or are all manner of V8 VF2s being delayed?

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Mine is SSV and not black roof so maybe across the board?!

The SSV is not a popular model either, tends to be SS or SSV-R that people buy.

I know people that put deposits down on a VF2 at the start of the year - going to be a bit of a shortage of to-order VF2's for a few months I reckon. We're not having trouble moving stock units.

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Mine was ordered 24 October and I've been given a 30 December delivery. Very frustrating and no explanation.

I also ordered on 24/10... SSV-R with black roof + 20s.
Was first told should be 4 - 6 week build. Was then told looking like early to mid Jan delivery. Still waiting on a determined date of delivery - sent an email off today to the dealer asking for ETA. Will get in touch with Holden if haven't heard back soon.

13redlineVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf redline
With this kind of demand really makes me sad that Holden will close soon. Does anyone know if new cars will be available 2018? That's when my lease ends on my 2013 redline and can't imagine buying any other car at the moment!