Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
SS mufflers on a SV6 SIDI 3.6 sound ****? Drone bad? I had the single tips either side, its for aesthetics more than sound, I just dont want it to be annoying, how much louder will it be with SS mufflers?

Think you'll barely notice the difference.

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Thought I might just put this up as reference...

I just got my Hurricane exhaust and high flow cats, which are going to be installed on Wednesday. I thought what the hell and I put on the rear mufflers.
So the current setup is Pacemaker Headers--> Stock Cats --> Maloo Midsection --> Hurricane rear mufflers.

My phone's microphone is pretty useless, but it gives you an idea.

And a comparison between SSV muffler on the right and the Hurricane on the left.
2012-11-26090405.jpg

I'll do another video when it is installed on Wednesday! Also if anyone is looking for A Maloo midsection and/or SSV(double baffle) Mufflers send me a PM!

Last edited by a moderator:

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
The OFFICIAL VE V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

How r they? I was thinking of getting a cat back system.

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Here's some videos of the whole system. I'm going to get my microphones out and do some proper recordings, but till than this will give you an idea!

Last edited by a moderator:

ashnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Got SSmufflers in the mail yesterday, i have a 2012 SV6 Ute, I got under and had a look yesterday and seems to be just 4 bolts/screws to remove/replace to make the swap, tried searching the forums for a How To just incase but turned up 0

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Got SSmufflers in the mail yesterday, i have a 2012 SV6 Ute, I got under and had a look yesterday and seems to be just 4 bolts/screws to remove/replace to make the swap, tried searching the forums for a How To just incase but turned up 0

Thats about it really, I've got GTS rear mufflers (in my avi) and the hardest part was getting the muffler hanger out of the rubber.

The guy keeps offering me the rest of the system, but from reading here it's too big for the V6.

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Thats about it really, I've got GTS rear mufflers (in my avi) and the hardest part was getting the muffler hanger out of the rubber.

The guy keeps offering me the rest of the system, but from reading here it's too big for the V6.

It's not, it's only 2.25". Instead of a resonator it has two hotdogs. Apparently the front muffler is of slightly different design as well, will give you slightly better flow and it will be a little bit louder. I had the Maloo midsection on my ute before I had everything changed with SS(double baffled) mufflers. Didn't drone and overall was only slightly louder than stock.

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
It's not, it's only 2.25". Instead of a resonator it has two hotdogs. Apparently the front muffler is of slightly different design as well, will give you slightly better flow and it will be a little bit louder. I had the Maloo midsection on my ute before I had everything changed with SS(double baffled) mufflers. Didn't drone and overall was only slightly louder than stock.

Intersesting, I was sure it was 2.5" and may cause drone.

So basically I could use the whole system from the front cats or headers?

ashnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
They didnt fit, the two rod looking things that come out of the muffler that attaches to the mounting brackets are...opposite to what they should be, which leaves them about 50mm shy of where they should be, its a 2012 SV6 Thunder and the barcode on the mufflers are a 2009, wondering why they'd be different?