Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Official VE Commodore FACTS Thread

V

VZSV6

Evman said:
Why ya havin a go at him? All the Australian guys have done bloody well I think, getting, and keeping approval to spend close to a billion dollars on a large car, especially when the future for large cars is so uncertain.
not if it looks and goes like crap

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
VZSV6 said:
not if it looks and goes like crap

Do you know what it looks like? Do you know how it performs? Didn't think so.

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
Sure can.

121002_VE_Images.JPG

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Evman said:
Why ya havin a go at him? All the Australian guys have done bloody well I think, getting, and keeping approval to spend close to a billion dollars on a large car, especially when the future for large cars is so uncertain.
For 1 his no Aussie. And 2 his heart lies somewhere else and it's not with holden. He is a puppet to GM simple as that. He has had no input into the VE, it was a done deal when he arrived. This guy if left in charge of holden will run them into the ground, He has no real experience like the big German did.
He is running holden because he is a GM man and he bends over for them, just what they like.

M

MartinBennett76

Indeed

Banned said:
There is NO offical fact on the VE other than it will be on the ZETA platform. ANYTHING else is speculation at this stage... Show me a Holden release that says otherwise and then I'll say I'm wrong.

A very, very good point.

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
VE Lineup

Copied from post by member HFV6 LS1.com.au 27/5/2006.

The correct model lineup for VE/WM is as follows:

Omega Base
Omega with Safety Pack (Active Head Restraints and Curtain Airbags)
SV6
Berlina
SS
SS V-Series
Calais
Calais V-Series
Statesman
Caprice

All models come standard with Dual-Stage Front Driver and Passenger Airbags, Side Airbags, ESP and ABS.

This has been confirmed and than cancelled many times but there is a possibility of a sports pack on the Omega.

Spec of Base SS similar to current SV8 and SS-V has spec of current SS (with upgrades introduced with SS-Z).

A price premium of a couple of thousand dollars over BF Falcon is planned.

Ute is internally confirmed for August 2007 and Wagon for early 2008. Ute mirrors Passenger car lineup with Base, SV6, SS and SS-V models. Looks very cool - tub sides slope downward from front of car to back. The wagon is much more of a 'Sports Wagon' than the current wagon, think Saab 9-3 SportCombi in terms of theme. VZ Crewman to continue until 2008 with no replacement planned.

Realistically the Omega will be more expensive than Falcon XT, but it will have features that are over and above what is offered in Falcon Futura. So in reality the value for money proposition in VE is probably much better than the current car and in retail you are selling value, not a price. In effect there will be no 'poverty-pack' in VE. I personally think this premium philosophy is at odds with the recent strategy encompassing TK Barina and JF Viva but that's what will happen.

As for engines, all I'll say is there will still be two V6 engine specifications neither of which will produce more than 200kw. The base V6 is to get a variable-length intake manifold but no VVT on exhast and new cam designs optimise performance and efficiency and new cam chain designs optimise NVH (To stop the wheezy noisy top-end nature of the current engine). Gear ratios have been selected very carefully to optimise fuel efficiency in base V6 equipped models and for response in premium V6 equipped models. The new SV6 is quicker to 100kh/h than the current car even with a weight penalty.

Contrary to what much of the media has been suggesting, the 4-Speed Auto Trasmission will continue in base model Omega. The updates included with EuroIII (sensor on output shaft etc.) have improved the transmission's responsiveness and smoothness markedly. Omega is the only car in the range with this transmission. The French made 5 Speed is just too expensive for the base car.

Last edited:

limeburner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon
Wagon in early 2008? Does that mean it will be around one and half years after the sedan is released there will be a wagon available? That does not sound correct to me!

blackahcdx

Reaction score
yeah, thats about right

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
BadMac said:
Copied from post by member HFV6 LS1.com.au 27/5/2006.
If this is the same HFV6 i knew on a old forum he to me back years ago was a real hatter of holden if thats him.
I don't know but 2 engine configs and nothing above 200kw sounds strange?

2 Calais models and no Berlina sounds smarter then a berlina and 2 Calais versions.