Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Panel or Pod Test!!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Jut been doing some research on another web site. Check out Browser Warning and have a look at their results.

thats good reading there, but i think the point of this test is not only changing the factory air filter element, but testing more a pod filter versus the standard "airbox", not the panel filter itself...

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
pod filter gains are marginal if any over the airbox. why not just go otr if ur gonna bother changing the airbox?

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
fair enough then. could a v8 one be modified maybe to fit? has anyone tried

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Restrictive for a 6.2ltr v8?

And I'm talking about the temp sensor for the DYNO not the bloody car.

And restrictive for the 3.6l, as has been known for sometime now.

none for the sv6 :(

Well to be fair, there are (Russo make one), but they are pretty expensive for minimal gain, as a few have said (Mace is one if I remember) OTR CAI is pointless until the mafless tune comes out... and pretty sure they aren't out yet. Monaro327 actually lost power with one compared to the airhammer. Different car though, VE not VZ

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
fair enough then. could a v8 one be modified maybe to fit? has anyone tried

who does maf enabled otr? maybe a cheap one, wouldnt go buy something worth 600, fiddle with it only to find it wouldnt fit

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
who does maf enabled otr? maybe a cheap one, wouldnt go buy something worth 600, fiddle with it only to find it wouldnt fit

too true i wouldnt either. there are a few v8 otr's that can retain the maf however. its totally pointless in doing so. might be a fair bit of fuel economy to gain?

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
i think to guys have completely lost the point at what im doing here, im just testing to see what happens when i put a pod on my car, you are all looking at it too much, it is what it is, a test to see what a pod does on a vz sv6 nothing more..