Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Panel or Pod Test!!

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
^ ? ^
Hmm. I think he's misquoted the name? Isn't it the MAF sensor that does the temp reading? That's just left of the first section of hose at the filter box. If not, I'd be interested to know what and where is being referred to. EDIT: He clarified; dyno side temp sensor.

So that nifty little pod filter returned 32L/100km eh? That is higher than an elderly Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (28.5L/100km)!
Even 11-12L/100 is not "normal" for a non-modded Alloytec. What have you fingered for it to arrive at this former figure?
Mods are fine if they don't bugger fuel economy (the majority provide more power at the expense of economy, obviously). Not being flush with cash, I watch my economy keenly; it's stable at 7.6L/100km unloaded (but over the long weekend on a 1,000km return drive with a heavy load (3 adults, 3 rucksacks and sundry piffle), the economy went to 8.6 to 8.9/100km — all on PULP).

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
^ ? ^
Hmm. I think he's misquoted the name? Isn't it the MAF sensor that does the temp reading? That's just left of the first section of hose at the filter box. If not, I'd be interested to know what and where is being referred to. EDIT: He clarified; dyno side temp sensor.

So that nifty little pod filter returned 32L/100km eh? That is higher than an elderly Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (28.5L/100km)!
Even 11-12L/100 is not "normal" for a non-modded Alloytec. What have you fingered for it to arrive at this former figure?
Mods are fine if they don't bugger fuel economy (the majority provide more power at the expense of economy, obviously). Not being flush with cash, I watch my economy keenly; it's stable at 7.6L/100km unloaded (but over the long weekend on a 1,000km return drive with a heavy load (3 adults, 3 rucksacks and sundry piffle), the economy went to 8.6 to 8.9/100km — all on PULP).

In your opinion, what is a normal avergae then, obviously 7.2L isnt normal for city? what sort of driving do you do to get a low 7.2L

Car is fine, nothing wrong with it. To be completey honest, i dont give a crap what fuel consumption your car makes, or how much you may not know, i did this thread to show the results of a pod, can you assholes stop filling it up with useless bullshit!

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
i did this thread to show the results of a pod, can you assholes stop filling it up with useless bullshit!
It wouldnt be a Just Commodores thread without it would it?:rofl2::surprise:

God idea though OP.

2004_VZ_Acclaim

Bonkers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Not being flush with cash, I watch my economy keenly; it's stable at 7.6L/100km unloaded (but over the long weekend on a 1,000km return drive with a heavy load (3 adults, 3 rucksacks and sundry piffle), the economy went to 8.6 to 8.9/100km — all on PULP).

In your opinion, what is a normal avergae then, obviously 7.2L isnt normal for city? what sort of driving do you do to get a low 7.2L

Car is fine, nothing wrong with it. To be completey honest, i dont give a crap what fuel consumption your car makes, or how much you may not know, i did this thread to show the results of a pod, can you assholes stop filling it up with useless bullshit!

Sounds like highway driving to me :confused: interested in hearing the result of day 3 when it gets round :thumbsup:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
That's correct, it's freeway driving: Geelong-Melbourne-Traralgon
then Heyfield-Licola-Tamboritha Road-Howitt Road-Guys Hut / RTN. Fairly heavy load as earlier mentioned. Hostile alpine roads and just bloody shocking weather (rain, gales, then snow).

Plodding a V6 around town streets is naff. 12-16L/100km like that — just a waste, as is debating a pod vs panel filter when mods will play into overall figures.

Last edited:

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
That's correct, it's freeway driving: Geelong-Melbourne-Traralgon
then Heyfield-Licola-Tamboritha Road-Howitt Road-Guys Hut / RTN. Fairly heavy load as earlier mentioned. Hostile alpine roads and just bloody shocking weather (rain, gales, then snow).

Plodding a V6 around town streets is naff. 12-16L/100km like that — just a waste, as is debating a pod vs panel filter when mods will play into overall figures.

YOUR A TWAT!!! noone is debating anything, im just posting my results with a pod, give it a rest mate.. your info and suggestions are better served elsewhere

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
for me the results are inconclusive...

need back to back dyno runs for power results
and for economy, get the car on the hwy @100kph, top gear and reset trip meter, then 10k's down the hwy record the results... then travel the same 10k's same conditions with the other filter on the car