Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
I would tape my passenger side airbag light if it didnt make an annoying sound everytime I started the car.

The code just needs to be reset after I took the seat out -.-

I had the airbag light on a white ute I had, thought it would be the clockspring, so removed the airbag and realised that one of the horn/airbag plugs wasn't plugged in so I just plugged it in and put it all back together. After a few weeks of sorting out things, I put the battery back in and the light never came back...

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Sub = Sub tank, 30 litres of fuel that pumps into the main tank. I'm not really sure it should pump into the main tank but eh... thats the way it was designed. If it were up to me it would just use the sub tank all the way through...

Thats a pretty piss poor effort though to just tape it...
I know what a substitute tank is, it was my poor attempt at humor. ..

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
person who wrote into the newspaper says that ABS cars stop better/shorter distance then non ABS cars.
just proves that our drivers training is pathetic as it is certainly not the case.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The Pope decrees the internet to be a "Gift from God".

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I had the airbag light on a white ute I had, thought it would be the clockspring, so removed the airbag and realised that one of the horn/airbag plugs wasn't plugged in so I just plugged it in and put it all back together. After a few weeks of sorting out things, I put the battery back in and the light never came back...

Plugs in fine. Battery has been removed a few times since then. *shrug* Its not the drivers side airbag so I dont care.

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
that is right you don't have individual airbag lights,so if a fault occurs with one it disables the system most times, will not disable one bag only.. That's like saying if an ABS sensor fails that it only stops ABS working on that one wheel
Also, I thought if there was an airbag light on, none of the airbags would work?? Could be wrong though...

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
If you have time give this a read, I had a laugh...

MENS THOUGHTS IN RELATIONSHIPS

MAN RULES

AT LAST A GUY HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO WRITE THIS ALL DOWN
FINALLY, the guys' side of the story. ( I MUST ADMIT, IT'S PRETTY GOOD.)

WE ALWAYS HEAR 'THE RULES' FROM THE FEMALE SIDE
NOW HERE ARE THE RULES FROM THE MALE SIDE

THESE ARE OUR RULES!

PLEASE NOTE. THESE ARE ALL NUMBERED #1 ON PURPOSE!

1. MEN ARE NOT MIND READERS.

1. LEARN TO WORK THE TOILET SEAT. YOU'RE A BIG GIRL. IF IT'S UP, PUT IT DOWN. WE NEED IT UP, YOU NEED IT DOWN. YOU DON'T HEAR US COMPLAINING ABOUT YOU LEAVING IT DOWN.

1. CRYING IS BLACKMAIL.

1. ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT. LET US BE CLEAR ON THIS ONE:

SUBTLE HINTS DO NOT WORK!
STRONG HINTS DO NOT WORK!
OBVIOUS HINTS DO NOT WORK!
JUST SAY IT!

1. YES AND NO ARE PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE ANSWERS TO ALMOST EVERY QUESTION.

1.. COME TO US WITH A PROBLEM ONLY IF YOU WANT HELP SOLVING IT. THAT'S WHAT WE DO. SYMPATHY IS WHAT YOUR GIRLFRIENDS ARE FOR.

1. ANYTHING WE SAID 6 MONTHS AGO IS INADMISSIBLE IN AN ARGUMENT. IN FACT, ALL COMMENTS BECOME NULL AND VOID AFTER 7 DAYS.

1. IF YOU THINK YOU'RE FAT, YOU PROBABLY ARE. DON'T ASK US.

1. IF SOMETHING WE SAID CAN BE INTERPRETED TWO WAYS AND ONE OF THE WAYS MAKES YOU SAD OR ANGRY, WE MEANT THE OTHER ONE.

1. YOU CAN EITHER ASK US TO DO SOMETHING OR TELL US HOW YOU WANT IT DONE. NOT BOTH.
IF YOU ALREADY KNOW BEST HOW TO DO IT, JUST DO IT YOURSELF.

1. WHENEVER POSSIBLE, PLEASE SAY WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAY DURING COMMERCIALS.

1. CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS DID NOT NEED DIRECTIONS AND NEITHER DO WE...

1. ALL MEN SEE IN ONLY 16 COLORS, LIKE WINDOWS DEFAULT SETTINGS..
PEACH, FOR EXAMPLE, IS A FRUIT, NOT A COLOR. PUMPKIN IS ALSO A FRUIT. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MAUVE IS.

1. IF WE ASK WHAT IS WRONG AND YOU SAY 'NOTHING,' WE WILL ACT LIKE NOTHING'S WRONG. WE KNOW YOU ARE LYING, BUT IT IS JUST NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.

1. IF YOU ASK A QUESTION YOU DON'T WANT AN ANSWER TO, EXPECT AN ANSWER YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR..

1. WHEN WE HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE, ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING YOU WEAR IS FINE...REALLY.

1.. DON'T ASK US WHAT WE'RE THINKING ABOUT UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO DISCUSS SUCH TOPICS AS FOOTBALL OR MOTOR SPORTS.

1. YOU HAVE ENOUGH CLOTHES.

1 .. YOU HAVE TOO MANY SHOES.

1. I AM IN SHAPE. ROUND IS A SHAPE!

1.. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS. YES, I KNOW, I HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE COUCH TONIGHT.. BUT DID YOU KNOW MEN REALLY DON'T MIND THAT? IT'S LIKE CAMPING...