Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
on the last day of the F/A-18 Hornets service

Saw one of those flying around at an air show at RAAF Pearce a few years ago....awesome thing.

EDIT: "A few years ago" was 2012 lol.

Also, pics.....

6UGOkqq.jpg

bxw8YqU.jpg

1JwKaEX.jpg

Then this guy flew by....from Guam.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Tyre shine on bicycle tyres....

Too much ???

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Saw one of those flying around at an air show at RAAF Pearce a few years ago....awesome thing.

The Super Hornets sorta replaced the F111s and are still flying out of Amberley. One fell on its nose into a ditch this week.
  • Credit: Andrew Greene via Twitter

They are a Hornet on steroids, look the same, but much bigger, and louder.

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The Super Hornets sorta replaced the F111s and are still flying out of Amberley. One fell on its nose into a ditch this week.
  • Credit: Andrew Greene via Twitter

They are a Hornet on steroids, look the same, but much bigger, and louder.
I do miss seeing the F-111s flying around. They were a lot bigger than the F-18s and the noise was incredible. A deep thunderous roar instead of the whining turbo like sound of the F-18.

The F-111s were a better airframe for a country like Australia with a large area to cover and sparse defensive resources as it was a jack of all trades. The ferry range of over 5700kms and top speed over Mach 3 were very useful here in Australia and gave us a quick strike capability but unfortunately they were very expensive to operate later in their life and the US no longer used them so we had to retire ours.

The US just moved over to the B-1 Lancer for its supersonic strike bomber role on the retirement of their F-111s but we no longer have a strike bomber capability at all with the retirement of the F-111. Our airforce is now entirely defensive in nature and if we were attacked we would struggle to mount any kind of counter offensive ourselves and would be reliant on the US to counter strike.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Mach 2...

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Kazakh body builder who married sex doll reveals agony as she is 'broken' just before Christmas.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Today I did the most grossest thing I have ever done by a long shot. I went around to a woman's place to repair her fence. She asked me to look under her car as she thought there was a dead cat there. Sure enough there was. It had wrapped itself around the front suspension and from the smell of it had been there for a while. We went back to our place and lifted her car up in the air. I tied a rope around the cat and managed to pull half of the cat out. I then had to loop the rope back around the suspension. I pulled on it as hard as I could but it wouldn't move so I tied the rope onto the tow bar of the ute. Luckily It came out as I was stuck for what to do if it hadn't.

My clothes are soaking for the night. The rope, two pair of gloves and the cat are in the bin. Luckily our rubbish bin gets picked up tomorrow as it's pretty high. The bin will need to be cleaned out as well.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oh dear.........

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Today I did the most grossest thing I have ever done by a long shot. I went around to a woman's place to repair her fence. She asked me to look under her car as she thought there was a dead cat there. Sure enough there was. It had wrapped itself around the front suspension and from the smell of it had been there for a while. We went back to our place and lifted her car up in the air. I tied a rope around the cat and managed to pull half of the cat out. I then had to loop the rope back around the suspension. I pulled on it as hard as I could but it wouldn't move so I tied the rope onto the tow bar of the ute. Luckily It came out as I was stuck for what to do if it hadn't.

My clothes are soaking for the night. The rope, two pair of gloves and the cat are in the bin. Luckily our rubbish bin gets picked up tomorrow as it's pretty high. The bin will need to be cleaned out as well.

Not sure how to react to that.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well I hope I never have to go through that again.......