Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
We feed the magpies at our place, never have any trouble at all. Obviously you can't feed the whole neighbourhood but good for local protection. We haven't been able to touch them but can get within a few feet of them.
I had to stop feeding the ones at work . The juvenile ones would learn to take food out of my hand , then 2 or three of them would sit on my forklift waiting for me at lunchtime. Then they would all parade into the warehouse at warble at me till i fed them.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
I had to stop feeding the ones at work . The juvenile ones would learn to take food out of my hand , then 2 or three of them would sit on my forklift waiting for me at lunchtime. Then they would all parade into the warehouse at warble at me till i fed them.
We used to feed the local family (ma, pa and eventually jr) for a couple of years back at home, and as quickly as they appeared, they were gone. Couldn't find them in the park where they nested either.
One place where I worked, one lunchtime we counted at least 14 maggies out the back of the shop and some would even waddle well into the workshop. The smell of hot chips can be very alluring! It turned out the old folks living just up the road had been feeding them over the years, even to the point that most of the towns magpie population had moved into all the nearby trees. :p
Leaving work one evening, there would have been at least 30-40 birds zooming around before nesting time. The downside to this was the occasional addition to the road markings.:confused:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
When we built our house in a new housing estate, the plovers / masked lapwings would dive bomb and squawk during the egg laying period. The eggs were laid on the ground and hard to spot. They were usually in pairs.
14 years later, their population has increased dramatically, and the don't take any notice of humans. They just look at you and if you approach them, they retreat and look at you, no more aggression, and there are groups of them.
Before we were in their territory and they defended it, current ones are in our territory and have no concerns about our presence.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Monkeypox confirmed in Auckland NZ late today. A person in their 30s returned from a country that has it, and now we do too.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My wife bought this game for our son from a site called inappropriate gifts.. Its similar to Guess who .
20220710_192008.jpg

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Got up on the roof of our new house today and swept the chimney, had our first open fire this evening whilst enjoying a nice drop of Jamesons Whiskey.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
When we built our house in a new housing estate, the plovers / masked lapwings would dive bomb and squawk during the egg laying period. The eggs were laid on the ground and hard to spot. They were usually in pairs.
14 years later, their population has increased dramatically, and the don't take any notice of humans. They just look at you and if you approach them, they retreat and look at you, no more aggression, and there are groups of them.
Before we were in their territory and they defended it, current ones are in our territory and have no concerns about our presence.
My pet hate are Mynah birds. I’ve just moved back to Melbourne from South West Vic where I was happy that Mynah birds were non existent. The common Mynahs are a pest and aggressive towards most other birds. They are known to invade other birds nests, killing and eating young birds and eggs.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
My pet hate are Mynah birds. I’ve just moved back to Melbourne from South West Vic where I was happy that Mynah birds were non existent. The common Mynahs are a pest and aggressive towards most other birds. They are known to invade other birds nests, killing and eating young birds and eggs.

Could you eat them? :D

In the way things are going, is either that or Bugs ;)