Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What are you doing with those?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
He's gonna turn it into a coffee table for the lounge, he doesn't have anyone to say no :)

gmholdman

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 in FJ ute
I used to have heaps of those f##d parts in the 50s.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
What are you doing with those?
Just stashing for now. Got a new shed, must start filling it. Thinking I might do a 30's 3-window coupe when (if) I finish the 40 Tudor and sell it. If I do I'd like to have it look period-ish, so I grabbed these rather cheap blocks & bits that appeared. 1937-38 as they are the last engineered versions of the 21-stud castings. Reckoned if I bought both then one might be buildable and use the other for mocking/staging parts and in the frame/chassis. One's bored 60 thou and may be too flogged out to be bored 80 over, the other has factory sleeves which can often be removed and then bored 80 thou over with no problems. Have to pass/survive being be cleaned then crack, sonic, and pressure tested first. More $ thrown at one of them than they've cost so far, just to find out if it is viable. The crank has standard journals, that's a bonus. The heads look a bit roached. Plug threads would probably need helicoils, which makes me wonder how much the rust has eaten away from the internal waterways. I've been thinking about trying some diy hot tank and electrolosis.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Privitising Part of Vicroads

Hmm, I cannot see how this will be great.
Guess many havent learnt from the years and years of privitisation of state run assets and similar.
No privitisation of the actual assets in roads though, wonder why :rolleyes:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hasn't that basically been happening for years? I thought the Gov had Corps help pay for roads in exchange they get the tolls?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So just been reading up on how much extra the average person will be paying on a $500k mortgage ($137) a month from today and since May a lot of people in the cities are now needing to find an extra $330 a month. Couple this with price of fuel and groceries I can see large amounts of people who over-extended themselves defaulting or having to sell.....

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
So just been reading up on how much extra the average person will be paying on a $500k mortgage ($137) a month from today and since May a lot of people in the cities are now needing to find an extra $330 a month. Couple this with price of fuel and groceries I can see large amounts of people who over-extended themselves defaulting or having to sell.....
Hmm - there are a lot of mortgages more than $500k, especially in Sydney.
I assume these people realised that interest rates can not stay at the lowest historic and emergency levels forever?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just found out we will be paying an extra $13 a fortnight on the mortgage. So glad we sold the other house or things would have been pretty tight now, especially when a trip to the old house would now be around $80 per trip in petrol each fortnight.

Doing some more quick calcs as I often do, and from one month ago, I now need to find an extra $180 each month. That's only, petrol, extra mortgage and the house insurance. That doesn't include anything else going up.

Based on that, I reckon by the end of the year the average person with a $500k mortgage will need to find an extra $600-$700 a month, just to cover the cost of petrol, when it hits $3 a litre, plus another 3% of interest rate hikes.