Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The SC14 Supercharger Thread

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
lol could have said earlyer, but yeah i did the same thing, heaps better now, same as what you have done, got a die grinding out and cut grooves into the top of airbox, and also bent the clips to make it tighter, the box isnt sitting on the engine bay flooring, its kinda floating only at the back by 1-2cm but doesnt more around pretty tight,

also put the old BOV on and it doesnt sound so crap now since the airbox is on its quiet and i cant even hear it anymore, i just here the whine from the charger.
I was looking at theStigs setup and seen the T/B infron of charger just wondering how much the CRS intake manifold for charger that has the connection to T/B costed? if its to much i will get one made up i have some elbo parts around that bolt to the T/B so i will cut it off and get it welded onto the CRS 1 and cut the manifold back so i can fit the CAI on, i have a mate looking for some Creamtops out of a magna cause he works at the wreckers so will look into getting some, also with the whole setup i got i just realised i got a manual adjustable fuel pressure reg aswell, the previous owner with the Twin system had 3 Pressure regs on a malpassi the old style 1 and the normal VP one, i didnt get to keep the malpassi one.

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Hey stocky I cant quite make it out in your photos, where abouts do you run the throttle body is it before or after the charger?

Is anyone with with a vn-vr running intercooled with the TB in front of the charger (atmo side)?

As far as intakes and such I have been looking at the enclosed pod filteers that are available now, then its just a matter of running a bit of 4" duct off the front of it

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
mine is after the charger, but when i put my setup back on it will be before it. you can buy the parts to do this for $300 from CRS

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
hmm, might see how much it is to get it made up, did you get yours from CRS stocky? or get it made up.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
getting it made will be cheaper I'm doing one for Needtowork basically 200m of 3in 5mm thick pipe welded onto a flange cut off an elbow another flange and bit of pipe is welded up to replace where the tb original location. All he needs to do is get someone to weld it to his intake pipe for him pretty simple stuff all in all and cost **** all in materials

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
getting it made will be cheaper I'm doing one for Needtowork basically 200m of 3in 5mm thick pipe welded onto a flange cut off an elbow another flange and bit of pipe is welded up to replace where the tb original location. All he needs to do is get someone to weld it to his intake pipe for him pretty simple stuff all in all and cost **** all in materials

id be interested in buying one ;)

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
ATm moment ive got too much **** on plate ive got to finish things ive started before i take anymore on. You get a head start and get some elbows and cut the flanges off them. I had some lying around at work but dont have more spare the pipe i have enough to spare.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
arent the flanges the same as exhaust ones?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yes but exhaust arent made of alloy like the elbow flanges and the intake pipe of the charger

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
on an ecotec the flanges arent the same as zorst ones
i got old second hand t/body and pulle dit apart and cut it up for a flange took 30 mins to make was easy