Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Statesman

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Holey hell Matt, this this come such a loooong way since I saw it, back in '08 I reckon. I know it's going back a while now, but when you did the VS rear end (A arms/cradle, due to the crack?), did you keep the VP CV shafts, or fit up VS ones, or does it matter for the sake of MM's??

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ STATESMAN SV90 VQ CAPRICE WL CAPRICE
Yeah has changed a little since then biggest change is it has no motor,Dash or wheels...........:) I just used my CV shafts you dont need to change that its just the arms. Hows that SS coming along?

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Yeah has changed a little since then biggest change is it has no motor,Dash or wheels...........:) I just used my CV shafts you dont need to change that its just the arms. Hows that SS coming along?
Messy, messy, messy- Pieces everywhere in the shed.... :)
On the upside, I have the Scat rods in getting balanced atm, even though I still dont have the sump, fuel reg, or even the valves...Gotta start somewhere, no matter how small... :lol:

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
All takes time you'll get there. mine's nearly been off the road for a year now!

Painted the power steering rack during the week and installed it today along with the swaybar.

STATO1943.jpg

STATO1951-1.jpg

STATO1952.jpg

Mounted the relay box, just used the factory bar and made up an extension for it.
STATO1945.jpg

Mounted the carbon canister , again using the factory bracket just added on to it.
STATO1950.jpg

STATO1953.jpg

Last edited:

wnt 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr execitive
mate i take mi hat off to u u have gone in to so so much detail with this thing im at the same stage of doing all mi wireing in mi vn .
i have got so many good tips from siting down and reading every single page there is so many things i would love to know how u did so can do it to mi stato.
keep up all ur good progress mate i will be watching this thing for sure

BIG DYL

BIG DYL
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT calais
chop chop i wanna see the bay done.... looking good man

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just lacking the time factor ATM mate i want it done too but i also want to do it right. Picked up some brand new AU thermo fans the other week but not much more has happened

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Perfection takes time Matt, you'll get there eventually. Brand new AU fans hey, nice score.

wnt 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr execitive
do u know how much got to cut these things down to fit behind the rad if u got a pic can u post just so i know how much to cut them down