Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Statesman

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ STATESMAN SV90 VQ CAPRICE WL CAPRICE
Nick has done a thread show how to do this https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-install-au-thermo-fans-into-vn-vs-v8.159896

Also finally found the front lip for my front bumper after a lot of searching. It not a genuine one but fibreglass will do until i find another one that’s not ridiculously over priced. . It is in need of repair as it has a few cracks and one of the fog light cut outs is about 10mm out. But for $50 im not complaining pics to come

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
So now ill have to see my mate about painting the front lip, side skirts and im thinking i may as well get the rear exhaust cut out filled in as well then get the all painted.

STATO.jpg

STATO1954.jpg

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
This thing is insane!!! Nicest stato I have seen in a long long time!! Need to crack a rum and read all 20 pages, keep up the awesome work.

wnt 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr execitive
thanks mate i will look have to get on to maken ming fit now lol keep up the good work mate and i pritty sure there is i few of them front lips up here in qld for sale will keep eye out and let u know if u want

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pulled the seats out yesterday to start to run the power cable to the boot. Also have a special power cable plug to run through the fire wall.

STATO2002.jpg

STATO1999.jpg

AU thermo fans fitted all seems to work ok only thing i made up was some spacers between the radiator and shroud. These are the template for the radiator overflow and im thinking of not doing an oil catch can for now but using that other one as a washer overflow then i can make them look chimerical

STATO1994.jpg

STATO1993.jpg

STATO1991.jpg

STATO1975.jpg

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
If you go to UPI and find an EF-EL Falcon they run the same plug for there thermo fans. Only thing is only 3 pins are filled. Just find another and use the pin off that one, if not I may have the one I used around here somewhere. Looks good Matt.

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Small update I have fitted a VT bonnet cable as the VQ one was a bit short after trying to hide the cable.

stuff009.jpg

stuff010.jpg

stuff011.jpg

Latest pic of the engine not much has changed

STATO2006.jpg

I have been busy making up templates for the chassis rail holes, also some for the engine wiring holes in the firewall.

I have just used some 6mm white MDF but I’m not sure yet if I can make them myself at work using 6mm aluminium other wise ill get some billet ones made. I think they will all be painted so they blend in but not sure yet.

STATO2009.jpg

STATO2008.jpg

STATO2015.jpg

STATO2016.jpg

Been fixing up the front lip I picked up a few weeks back

stuff014.jpg

stuff012.jpg

stuff016.jpg

STATO2004.jpg

STATO2005.jpg

STATO2013.jpg

STATO2012.jpg