Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Thread for Those That Have Left Us Before Their Time Was Up (the trolls)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
My point exactly , If you or I did that we'd be gone by lunchtime

Not really, it comes down to a number of factors. You have been around for a while now, have a large number of technical posts under your belt and are a donating member.

There would be discussion with you via pm, something that will happen shortly.

Due to two careers changes in 3 months (long story) I haven't been as focused or diligent on here, just hopping on to approve moderated posts and move stuff around, you have no idea how many newbies put their first thread in the how to section, seems no one reads the section description :)

Will sort it all out.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Not really, it comes down to a number of factors. You have been around for a while now, have a large number of technical posts under your belt and are a donating member.

There would be discussion with you via pm, something that will happen shortly.

Due to two careers changes in 3 months (long story) I haven't been as focused or diligent on here, just hopping on to approve moderated posts and move stuff around, you have no idea how many newbies put their first thread in the how to section, seems no one reads the section description :)

Will sort it all out.
:

my bad PM coming to you soon

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Says a lot that , its kind of sad though that the guys who had a wealth of knowledge have moved on from here either because of the idiots or other reasons .

I think there's still a wealth of experience and help available from members who remain active on this forum. It's true that many have left but i don't attribute that to the way the forum is managed nor because of a few outspoken or belligerent members.

The forum changes because it's dynamics change. Members who joined originally because they owned Commodores have moved on to other makes or vehicle types. How many moderators still own or drive Holdens? How many older members still own Commodores? I don't but my interest remains with this forum because of years of owning, modifying and restoring Holdens - not just Commodores. I'm not alone here.

There are topics here far removed from Commodores. The Pub is a great forum to debate or argue your points even if you can't tell a spark plug from a bath plug. It's up to those of us who are still faithful to the forum to keep it alive.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I think there's still a wealth of experience and help available from members who remain active on this forum. It's true that many have left but i don't attribute that to the way the forum is managed nor because of a few outspoken or belligerent members.

The forum changes because it's dynamics change. Members who joined originally because they owned Commodores have moved on to other makes or vehicle types. How many moderators still own or drive Holdens? How many older members still own Commodores? I don't but my interest remains with this forum because of years of owning, modifying and restoring Holdens - not just Commodores. I'm not alone here.

There are topics here far removed from Commodores. The Pub is a great forum to debate or argue your points even if you can't tell a spark plug from a bath plug. It's up to those of us who are still faithful to the forum to keep it alive.
I still own a commodore, but don't drive it haha!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I own a rebadged Holden and drive it every single day. Is like having an Euro car mashed with an American muscle car. I am with Calaber on this one. What brought me to this forum was my car; I find more interesting all of you guys views and perceptions.

Funny is... I got 2 small jars, one is Marmite and the other Vegemite. Took them to work and tried them. I can say it was quiet of an experience. Might sound silly, but, on my first post I asked and Calaber gave me perhaps, the best description. Is a developed taste I can say.... anyway, is like traveling without moving.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
what ever became of Jesterarts and Hama , by no means trolls , but still always good for a debate , ( to get get back on track )

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
Just for the record, one last time for those that STILL don't get it.

I have ONE account. I have had others in the past but NEVER multiple accounts at the same time. THIS ACCOUNT is my ONLY account. It replaces Rajesh Koothrappali. I am nobody else.

If there are other accounts that people think are me, they're not and those people are wrong! It's likely other people trying to make out it's me to get me banned. Grow up children!

/end of discussion on this topic

what ever became of Jesterarts

Jester's still around. Another one I've met in RL. Top bloke!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
WOW, someones a little touchy on the subject........

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
and Ricey was another I've not heard of for a while , shame that , always had good advice.