Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Thread for Those That Have Left Us Before Their Time Was Up (the trolls)

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Awesome post :)

The forum is a lot quieter and numbers are down but I have a sneaking suspicion that people will get over FB one day.......

Interestingly, I only recently joined the facebook group. And there doesn't seem to be much happening on it. I've only seen like 3-4 posts in a few weeks. Perhaps I have the wrong page?

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
people will get over FB one day.......

Yup - it's already in decline and the younger generations aren't even bothering with it. It's too "mum and dad" for them.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
F Book is going the My Space way. There is always another joint/pub/spot/restaurant/club/etc.. what used to be hot today, tomorrow will be lame. Just the nature of the beast.

Have anybody tried Diaspora?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Forums everywhere are losing traffic. Bear in mind the idea of a forum pre-dates social media. I joined my first forum (Corolland - when I had Corollas!) in 2003, joined CoolRunning in 2007 when I started running. I first joined Facebook in November 2007 and in the ensuing 8 years FB has come along leaps and bounds.

Any web-based platform is only as good as the traffic it generates. A general dating site, for example, wouldn't be particularly useful if it only had 8 guys and 3 ladies, for example. A car forum that has only 2 users a day may not generate timely responses to specific issues.

That being said an advantage of coming to forums like JC is you see alternating points of view. Even though you may not agree with them, you can at least see differing sides to arguments, and see why people think and do the way they think and do. A massive downfall of social media though is you can choose to see only the news and information you want to see. Confirmation bias. It has led to a polarisation on many social issues, with deep extremism developing in the Left and the Right.

Speaking as a high school teacher, Facebook is well and truly still in full use. In schools that have 'Bring Your Own Device' policies and I am conducting lessons that are ICT-based, you must be always circulating to ensure that the kids are doing the work they should be doing, and not what they shouldn't be doing. I know the faint outline of a facebook/instagram/messenger/snapchat page from 10 metres away lol! Many a deputy about the place would be very, very happy to see the back of social media usage in young people.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Forums everywhere are losing traffic. Bear in mind the idea of a forum pre-dates social media. I joined my first forum (Corolland - when I had Corollas!) in 2003, joined CoolRunning in 2007 when I started running. I first joined Facebook in November 2007 and in the ensuing 8 years FB has come along leaps and bounds.

Any web-based platform is only as good as the traffic it generates. A general dating site, for example, wouldn't be particularly useful if it only had 8 guys and 3 ladies, for example. A car forum that has only 2 users a day may not generate timely responses to specific issues.

That being said an advantage of coming to forums like JC is you see alternating points of view. Even though you may not agree with them, you can at least see differing sides to arguments, and see why people think and do the way they think and do. A massive downfall of social media though is you can choose to see only the news and information you want to see. Confirmation bias. It has led to a polarisation on many social issues, with deep extremism developing in the Left and the Right.

Speaking as a high school teacher, Facebook is well and truly still in full use. In schools that have 'Bring Your Own Device' policies and I am conducting lessons that are ICT-based, you must be always circulating to ensure that the kids are doing the work they should be doing, and not what they shouldn't be doing. I know the faint outline of a facebook/instagram/messenger/snapchat page from 10 metres away lol! Many a deputy about the place would be very, very happy to see the back of social media usage in young people.

Yeah FB is way bigger than some people realise.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Thought I'd tempt fate , and ask on the whereabouts of Sheldon Cooper , or has he been resurrected into another name :rolleyes:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No, I believe someone's finally had enough of his shenanigans.....

Quiet possibly the use of 2 accounts was the final nail in the coffin even though he denied it.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Thought I'd tempt fate , and ask on the whereabouts of Sheldon Cooper :rolleyes:

I was only wondering about this myself the other day when on the forum.
Haven't seen a post from him for a while.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
There is another, named after a fictional movie character, who could be him in disguise, as the content and tone of posts is similar.
(But then I could be completely wrong, as I do remember being mistaken once before in my life. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.)