Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The vh sl/x resto (rest-slow)

VH202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore 202 Blue
Hey guys, Restoring a VH SL/X with 202 blue motor, bought for $1k, straight as you could want, seats are mint, needs carpet, refresh some door trims, rubber kit and windscreen chromes, usual rust spots but overall too good to mutilate. ( Had thought about putting a worked 308 in it for some fun)

Anyway, main problem ATM is the bush/vibration dampener in the alternator adjuster bracket, looks like a shocker bush but has a crush tube through the guts and seems to mushroom out more on one side than the other.

Anyone know where i can get good quality new ones, rare spares reckon they can't help, or am i gonna have to get them made up?

looks like the A/C uses similar bushes, only wider, wouldn't mind doin g them also, to get rid of this infernal belt squeal,

Harmonic balancer is ready to be put on, but cant tension belt without this bush on the goddamn bracket.
PLEASE HELP??

VH202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore 202 Blue
dont really want clapped out old ones, got pedders to match something up for me, they're nolathane but it'll do the trick until i can get some rubber ones matched up.