Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///The yankie V8TDI Daily project

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Wow, nice work Ari, i'm impressed mate. I thought i was doing a lot of work on my car, but that's a whole new ball game.

I've seen some really, really dodgy left to right hook conversions, but that is neat mate. Well done.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
wouldn't be suprised if the interior is better now as a right hook than the standard it came from the factory

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Im really unhappy withe the lower trim of the dash i have to say. It just will not fit up nicely. Problem is i have people on my back wanting to push it through, and it has gone almost 4 weeks over schedule, so i have to give it back to the customer in its current state. Im hoping i will have a lull in work in a couple of months so i can call it back and chop that trim to pieces again. Not that i couldnt pass it off, its fine, its just some gaps that are 5-10mm off and i want it to be perfect.

Anyway fixing it properley is a pipe dream. I have 2 mustangs landing in a week and then a camaro which is here waiting already after those. Looks like ima be busy

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
hint: it came into australia a LHD vehicle...

Yeah I know. So he did a conversion. Big deal. They happen every day.

"so then this happened"

What? A photo was taken? He realised it was absolutely filthy dirty? He realised the lower trim panel doesn't line up properly? I'm still waiting for someone to enlighten everyone as to what "happened"...

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Yeah I know. So he did a conversion. Big deal. They happen every day.

"so then this happened"

What? A photo was taken? He realised it was absolutely filthy dirty? He realised the lower trim panel doesn't line up properly? I'm still waiting for someone to enlighten everyone as to what "happened"...

Yeah..Naaa.

It's a topic that interests people, not everyday do you hear about these conversions.
And being on an automotive forum, you should see why members are interested.
Not all of us are here because he want to be tools about 99% of the subjects on the forum.

Anyhoo, so decent work, maybe a few shots of the camaro a mustang? lol

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Yeah..Naaa.

It's a topic that interests people, not everyday do you hear about these conversions.
And being on an automotive forum, you should see why members are interested.
Not all of us are here because he want to be tools about 99% of the subjects on the forum.

Anyhoo, so decent work, maybe a few shots of the camaro a mustang? lol

Fine - and I get all of that and agree with it. But he said "so then this happened" and I just want to know what happened! FFS! It's not rocket science!

If all that "happened" was a dodgy conversion to RHD of some bloody American POS, then THAT'S the answer - a conversion happened... But so far NOBODY has even bothered to answer the bloody question. Instead everyone just jumps on the personal attack bandwagon, which by the way is against the rules!

The reason I asked is to post a fairly average picture saying "this happened" is a bit cryptic and I wasn't sure if there was something significant I was missing.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
EDIT: Ari, looks real neat haha! I'll be honest and didn't notice the conversion either, but once the hint was given I knew lol.

GUess thread was cleaned.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
WTF? What's skill set got to do with the question I asked? I simply asked what happened? And everyone gets their backs up and gives me a hard time. GROW UP FFS!

What 'happened' was the rest of the interior got put back together. Its a major landmark in the build ( a build very few people would never even attempt.. awesome job Ari!! ). People get their backs up about most of what you say.. either work out why or man up and live with it. You are the king of giving people a hard time, if you want to dish it out, expect to have it given back.

You dont like anything that anyone does, you know more than anyone, and we are all beneath you. If everything everyone does is wrong, show us how to do something right. You contribute nothing positive to this forum, nothing at all.

Why are you even here?