Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

They say its the tyres...

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i get a bit more than i should but every time i get new tyres they tell me how much of a pain my wheels are to balance so i think my wheels are the problem not so much the tyres... none of your rims could be slightly buckled or anything? hit a big pothole or anything?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
i get a bit more than i should but every time i get new tyres they tell me how much of a pain my wheels are to balance so i think my wheels are the problem not so much the tyres... none of your rims could be slightly buckled or anything? hit a big pothole or anything?

No pothole etc. I got the car 4 weeks ago (private sale) and its been like that. Everything else on it is in A1 condition. It hasnt been driven much, been sitting in the previous owners garage most of its life. 55000km and 5 years old.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Dont know if this helps you guys help me... if I over-inflate the front tyres to about 35psi its noticeably better. Yet of course its a rougher ride then.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
mine did this when there was a bit of mud on the inside of the rim. Two tyre places didnt know what it was, the 3rd i took into works tyre supplier fixed straight away. Doesnt take much.

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
Are they stock rims? or after market?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Dont know if this helps you guys help me... if I over-inflate the front tyres to about 35psi its noticeably better. Yet of course its a rougher ride then.

u should b running the tyres at about 35 36psi neways, really until uve got the rims back on the balancer theres not much else 2 look at if all ur suspension is A1. mayb try a few different mechinics incase this 1 u used missed somthing?

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
If your rims are outta round, this can happen.
also the weights can be thrown off if they haven't been put on properly.
Go and get them reballenced and this will probally fix the problem. Some wheel fitters are lazy and don't weight them properly, had this problem myself before.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
get them to check the disk rotor for balance, mainly the rear's...yes the rear's.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
If your rims are outta round, this can happen.
also the weights can be thrown off if they haven't been put on properly.
Go and get them reballenced and this will probally fix the problem. Some wheel fitters are lazy and don't weight them properly, had this problem myself before.

The buy who balanced the wheels yesterday usually does a proper job. It wasnt a tyre play but a mechanic. Plus this is the second time they were balanced, the first time it was at Holden about 4 weeks back.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
The buy who balanced the wheels yesterday usually does a proper job. It wasnt a tyre play but a mechanic. Plus this is the second time they were balanced, the first time it was at Holden about 4 weeks back.

find out if he uses the newer laser balancers, if not somtimes as said the weights might slightly b outer place.