Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

They say its the tyres...

PORT3R

WTB: 1 money tree
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VQ stato
My dads VY has the same problem, if you find out what it is, can you post it up?

Cheers

Dave.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Newest development is that I decided to go against my mechanics advice. I pumped up the tryes to 36psi (he had them at 29) and went for a 100km drive around Perth. And guess what!?! On most parts of the freeway I got no vibrations. Smooth as a baby's bottom. Still some shake on other sections.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
I'm wondering why nobody suggested putting light pressure on the brake pedal when you notice the shake - if it gets worse, you have a warped rotor. If it doesn't, then at least you know the discs are fine... :thumbsup:

Also given that it's a car from a private sale, there's nothing to say the previous owner didn't mount a kerb or disappear into a pothole - as suggested, one rim might have a slight bend or warp - that might also go to explain why they have trouble getting the wheels to balance!

Just a coupla thorts for ya... ;)

Cheerz!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I'm wondering why nobody suggested putting light pressure on the brake pedal when you notice the shake - if it gets worse, you have a warped rotor. If it doesn't, then at least you know the discs are fine... :thumbsup:

Also given that it's a car from a private sale, there's nothing to say the previous owner didn't mount a kerb or disappear into a pothole - as suggested, one rim might have a slight bend or warp - that might also go to explain why they have trouble getting the wheels to balance!

Just a coupla thorts for ya... ;)

Cheerz!

Thanks for that.

Rotors were checked when breaks were replaced 4 weeks ago.

Front wheels were rotated with the back so I doubt its the rims.

When I pumped 36psi into them problem is 70% better for some reason.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
that kinda suggests its the tyre's then, otherwise the pressure would make no difference.
Got any good mates you can borrow a set of tyres from ? or a wrecker ?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Thanks for that.

Front wheels were rotated with the back so I doubt its the rims.

When I pumped 36psi into them problem is 70% better for some reason.

Thats coz u had ur tyres way under the normal psi, if thats wat the previous owner ran also then uve more than likly worn an uneven pattern. Now ur at the right psi u will notice a difference.

where bouts do u live in perth man?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Thats coz u had ur tyres way under the normal psi, if thats wat the previous owner ran also then uve more than likly worn an uneven pattern. Now ur at the right psi u will notice a difference.

where bouts do u live in perth man?

Northern Suburbs, Clarkson. Yet if someone is close I'm happy to make a trip on the weekend or maybe even the Monday holiday.