Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things That Leave you Gobsmacked (In A Good Way)

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
That’s great mate. Glad the kids bikes didn’t give you any hassles. Looks like you had lots of fun
View attachment 266202

Did they get to ride them as wel?

More like

vintagespeed_IMG_1627.jpg

Lots of toys to go round. 9yo was almost more excited to be hanging the buggy out sideways than riding his bike.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
My next door neighbour !!!!!!

My mower playing up = I spent plenty of time this arvo fiddling with =get it going , dies after doing a 1/4 of .
More tinkering with and going again , rest of front lawn and a bit over half the nature strip .
It's dead this time ( fuel tank tore itself away from the mount= ( big hole in tank and therefore carby an seals not !!! ).

As said next door neighbour was out the front as well , she goes mine not working but I have my daughters , I'll get it.

She goes try /look at this = one of these self propelled ones ,( her daughters ),( pull a lever at the handle and away you go ).

After a couple of runs , she butts in and takes over and does the rest of my nature strip.

A saint !!!
OH on a side note = yeah just time, going to get a new mower.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
vet staff & the patient booked after us.

I called the vet today to see if they could move us to a slightly later appointment so we can both be there for an update/next steps/last steps about our boy who we just found out has cancer. They still didn't have any wiggle room. But when they found out the reason for appointment they offered to call the person in the next slot & switch us. They agreed to switch.

its little things like this that give you some faith in human kindness.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The last dog my old man had to put down for the same reason the vet came out to his place.

And, honestly, I'm not at all emotional as I type this :(

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
We agreed today that we commence palliative care now. I have pushed beard into agreeing to a home end as that way the family can be there and it’s the most comfortable for him and our other dog will know.

Everyone at the vets has been super about it. It’s sad and everyone being lovely and caring really helps.

I ordered half a dozen of his favourite balls to be delivered next week. He loves opening parcels :D

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
We agreed today that we commence palliative care now. I have pushed beard into agreeing to a home end as that way the family can be there and it’s the most comfortable for him and our other dog will know.

Everyone at the vets has been super about it. It’s sad and everyone being lovely and caring really helps.

I ordered half a dozen of his favourite balls to be delivered next week. He loves opening parcels :D

I do hope he goes quick so he doesn't suffer too much...

I mean this with absolutely no disrespect, having had to put down 2 of my own staffies as a result of that dreadful disease...It's so horrible watching them suffer.....

In the mean time, spoil him rotten... :)

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I do hope he goes quick so he doesn't suffer too much...

I mean this with absolutely no disrespect, having had to put down 2 of my own staffies as a result of that dreadful disease...It's so horrible watching them suffer.....

In the mean time, spoil him rotten... :)
You wouldn’t know he was afflicted right now. The steroid anti inflammatory have squashed the inflammation so much that the vet said if she didn’t see him last week she wouldn’t think anything was wrong with him.

So will keep an eye on him, as soon as looks like the lymphoma is winning past the steroids then we will do it. Not about extending him for us.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Big day for the little man. First time fishing. Caught ten fish.

New fishing rod beside the bed.

Then want to watch a movie. Decide on Bruce Almighty. Not on Binge. Not on Apple TV. All links to Disney+. Little man says maybe try YouTube. He finds it.

A good laugh. I was also today years old when I realised it was the prequel to Evan Almighty.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That’s the link for the whole movie. We had to skip that scene shown in the thumb nail.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Took the Sprint for a ride this morning 3/4 the way to Town. Got back about 30 mins ago. There was full sun there and back and the time we spent at the park. Just looked outside and it's raining quite heavily. Glad I didn't get stuck in that. Seems the timing was just right.