Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things That Leave you Gobsmacked (In A Good Way)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It was only a guess in size, it does take up some room but the Homeshed yard is a Ha. That's 10,000 sq or 2.471 acres metres to all you non metricated men ;) try 4250 radius and 1800 high
How many Danny Devitos?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
It was only a guess in size, it does take up some room but the Homeshed yard is a Ha. That's 10,000 sq or 2.471 acres metres to all you non metricated men ;) try 4250 radius and 1800 high
Now l get 10809.45.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
conspiracy-charlie-day.gif

According to my calculations the answer is 32

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I wonder if he shared any quirks the plane had back then? Or maybe they have long wondered why something was how it was and the old boy knew the answer.

An extraordinary story. What’s the chances that happened.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well this was unexpected. My Victa Super 600 normally takes me 6-10 pulls for it to fire up and keep running. Yet today it fired up first pull and away I went. I think I may have worked out the correct throttle starting position finally, which is just off full throttle.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Well this was unexpected. My Victa Super 600 normally takes me 6-10 pulls for it to fire up and keep running. Yet today it fired up first pull and away I went. I think I may have worked out the correct throttle starting position finally, which is just off full throttle.

Might need a professional tune up and service? My old Rover mower (about 15 odd years old now) starts first pull every time.

It stopped running properly a couple of years ago so I took it in for its first service (yes first service in its lifetime). Back to running properly now for another decade or so.

Reactions: Lex

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Might need a professional tune up and service? My old Rover mower (about 15 odd years old now) starts first pull every time.
I had all sorts of problems starting my old lawn mower. It had an old metal carburettor on it and no fuel tank tap or real inline filter. The starting problem was the bolt holding the float bowl onto the carbi itself. That bolt has a passage drilled into the side of the shank and up the bolt shaft which allows fuel to be carried into the carbi throat. The bolt holes were partially blocked with crud which was the cause of the hard starts. A simple clean and spray of the bolt was all that was needed… I also cleaned the tank but didn’t bother adding an inline fuel filter. That was enough of a professional tune for me :p

Such a small easy cleaned part yet I struggled with hard starts for years… gobsmacked at how simple a fix it was :cool: