Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
That's why unless the listing is specific you need to ask.

Always need to watch out for things like " OEM spec or better", "genuine quality" etc that make it sound legit but isn't.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This only gets better..... Returns are through Hubbed. So I'm supposed to take this to a BP and they will presumably know why I am there with a package?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That's why unless the listing is specific you need to ask.

Always need to watch out for things like " OEM spec or better", "genuine quality" etc that make it sound legit but isn't.
If nothing else this has taught me a lesson to check on the brand and not assume anything based on positive previous experiences.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
That's the problem with after market parts, you never know.

I've been chasing front wheel bearing hubs for the VX but all the local online suppliers only seem to have Matchter so I'm still looking.

I have a set of their CV shafts, they were the only ones available during covid but the quality is a bit dubious.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah speaking with the blokes who rebuilt my TS they sell a decent brand CV and drive shaft, but they said while what they sell is good it's no where near as good as the factory ones.
I guess I'm fortunate that rear links are not a high wear item and if it all becomes too hard I can just fit them..

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Trying to use some old software on the computer for work. Normally no issue.
Except it needs matching com ports because it's old legacy stuff designed for Windows 95.
Can change all the com ports on the laptop except for the 1 lead I have that can plug in. So cut it up in disgust.

Try another person's lead, it works, but then it won't talk from Laptop to device.
IT problems are the stupidest most annoying thing at work. Also the fact they lock down the computers making it even harder to sort out.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
ebay is shocking. at least with ali express you know it's a knock off. bought a TPS & an IAC recently. The TPS didn't work at all & the IAC had an O ring that was too big.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Most frozen seafood is processed in China & Vietnam. What pisses me off are these stupid claims that people hanging a rod off the jetty with their kid are "over fishing the waters", but fishing boats are allowed to take as much crap as they like using nets

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Returned the links after work tonight. They should get back to the seller in a week to 10 days. Decided I will not bother getting new ones as mine were still ok and they were only getting replaced because I had the rear end apart replacing stuff.

Money I saved I might spend on another tool. There's a saying I heard once, "you can never have enough tools".