Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Much was made of Morrison not knowing the price of bread or milk but it was a cheap shot because unless you do the shopping you would not know. My wife and I used to do the shopping years ago but even then I didn't take note of the prices. My wife goes for a coffee with her mates on a Friday morning and then goes on and does the shopping. For the first time in nearly 46 years I had to do the shopping last week because she was sick. I didn't bother looking at the prices because I have a rough idea of what she buys. We have to eat so it's not that important. I do know we buy bread from Aldi becaue it's cheaper and better quality but that's about all.
When getting to the cashier to pay for the groceries, was it a shock?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Much was made of Morrison not knowing the price of bread or milk but it was a cheap shot because unless you do the shopping you would not know. My wife and I used to do the shopping years ago but even then I didn't take note of the prices. My wife goes for a coffee with her mates on a Friday morning and then goes on and does the shopping. For the first time in nearly 46 years I had to do the shopping last week because she was sick. I didn't bother looking at the prices because I have a rough idea of what she buys. We have to eat so it's not that important. I do know we buy bread from Aldi becaue it's cheaper and better quality but that's about all.
Yep much the same here, on the occasion I do shopping I can’t say I bother looking at prices of staples, I just buy the brand we normally get.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm going to disagree, if politicians are harping on about the cost of living (and pretending they can fix it) then they should know what those costs are.

Fairly much all the shops deny it but here in NZ there is definitely a Xmas tax, when the price of common staples goes up dramatically for a few weeks before Xmas. When Kumara that are normally $6/kg suddenly more than double in price, same thing with potatoes and pumpkin.

So yes, when you go shopping you get what you need but there is a point when I'll forgo certain items for others as we refuse to pay the rip off prices.

Something I've noticed here in NZ (as have a lot of other shoppers), bread is no longer delivered daily, rather they bring in big lots and it's stored in the chillers out the back. Bread that has been in a chiller tends to go off and mould very quickly, a quick squeeze test will tell you if it's fresh but it also pays to check the tag dates. Most times it's obvious if it's been in the chiller and I won't buy it.

For some items there are definitely price cycles, so buy and stock up when cheap so you don't have to buy when it's expensive. I see no reason to give those rip off supermarkets and more money than absolutely necessary.

We also go to the local markets on the weekend, quite often they have as good or better fresh produce at better prices and at least the money is going to the growers instead of supermarket shareholders pockets.

I certainly don't know what most of the regular prices are in the shop but no doubt the missus does, I'm just the trolley boy and the long arms to reach items she can't get.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Further to the above.

National made a big song and dance about the cost of living and since winning the election they have gotten through their 100 day plan, made many changes but non that have actually done anything to improve the "cost of living" where the reality is, things done may actually make it worse.

Which is something clearly weighing on the average kiwi mind.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
These morons who call themselves "analysts". They're the same halfwits that predicted Tesla would never go anywhere and that coal & oil are still a good investment. Get in the flapping bin with Dutton & Gina.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Conservative politicians' sole purpose is to ensure donors & benefactors can maintain their business model. They will spruik things like nuclear energy, knowing fully well it won't happen anytime soon Nor, for that matter, will it bring down electricity charges. Their rhetoric is designed to do one thing - extend the life of coal & other fossil fuel projects.
I own shares in companies like Tesla & Lucid, which are being hammered at the moment because these morons keep making **** up. Doesn't deter me though, because I know that fundamentally they're a good investment. Just waiting for another capital raising so I can buy more at an even cheaper price.

Last edited:

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I was at aldi last Thursday night & they literally filled 3 trolley loads of unsold bread ready for disposal. A few loaves will probably be taken by staff, but the rest will likely be turned into bread crumbs or animal feed.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Nice lady at Officeworks gave me a pack of screws & washers that were being thrown out. Probably a customer return they couldn't resell.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Conservative politicians' sole purpose is to ensure donors & benefactors can maintain their business model. They will spruik things like nuclear energy, knowing fully well it won't happen anytime soon Nor, for that matter, will it bring down electricity charges. Their rhetoric is designed to do one thing - extend the life of coal & other fossil fuel projects.
I own shares in companies like Tesla & Lucid, which are being hammered at the moment because these morons keep making **** up. Doesn't deter me though, because I know that fundamentally they're a good investment. Just waiting for another capital raising so I can buy more at an even cheaper price.

Progressives are no better.....just more hypocritical.