Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Definitely get online and chat to their bot ‘Olive’. They’ll refund the missing and damaged items without question. Also, tell them about your delivery experience. Hopefully, they’ll take the feedback onboard (or you might piss off the delivery person and it’ll be worse next time!).

Maybe fill out the ‘delivery instructions’ with your delivery requirements (keep off the grass, etc.)? I had a delivery supervisor do my delivery one time and I had a good chat with her. She was pretty helpful and gave me the impression that they (partly) rate their delivery people against the customers instructions. So, if you give them instructions, you can probably lodge a complaint if they violate those instructions.
I hit Olive up for the refund on the missing & damaged items.

I just went to check my sprinklers, all fine. Never had any delivery truck behave like this. They are all super respectful so just a bit of a shock that he made enough noise for me to come back out & see what was happening. I am not going to add the driver complaint in, in case I get worse next time. As I said, usually really good.

I have just had a really **** run lately in general, so every little thing is annoying me more than it usually might.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Definitely get online and chat to their bot ‘Olive’. They’ll refund the missing and damaged items without question. Also, tell them about your delivery experience. Hopefully, they’ll take the feedback onboard (or you might piss off the delivery person and it’ll be worse next time!).

Maybe fill out the ‘delivery instructions’ with your delivery requirements (keep off the grass, etc.)? I had a delivery supervisor do my delivery one time and I had a good chat with her. She was pretty helpful and gave me the impression that they (partly) rate their delivery people against the customers instructions. So, if you give them instructions, you can probably lodge a complaint if they violate those instructions.

Sorry, but common courtesy says, don't destroy other peoples property....Shouldn't have to spell it out to the twits....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I hit Olive up for the refund on the missing & damaged items.

I just went to check my sprinklers, all fine. Never had any delivery truck behave like this. They are all super respectful so just a bit of a shock that he made enough noise for me to come back out & see what was happening. I am not going to add the driver complaint in, in case I get worse next time. As I said, usually really good.

I have just had a really **** run lately in general, so every little thing is annoying me more than it usually might.

I'd lodge a complaint.....Complaints generally result in the next driver/s being extra cautious.....(Well it does with some idiots I've had to deal with).

Hope today is the last of the bad luck run and it's all happy sailing from here on in... :)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Bought some pies for dinner from a real country shop.
All home made and super delicious.

I'm upset and annoyed I didn't buy extras.
Need to figure out next time we go past that place again.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Interesting the new stadium location has suddenly had one of the buildings heritage listed. There was no mention of any heritage listings prior to the stadium proposal. I suspect this might be a last ditch effort by opponents to try and to and make it harder to go ahead. It's quite a common practice in Tasmania when people fight a losing battle over a development the minorities don't want suddenly theres a heritage listing. Happens too often over here, dilapidated old buildings that should be torn down suddenly in the spotlight because some believe we should be against progress.

Reactions: Lex

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Plus old mate threw the truck around in my driveway and into my yard to turn around in all kinds of reckless fashion. I know I'm 'rural' mate, but no need to scatter my gravel driveway everywhere or run over my lawn thanks.
Our driveway is the go to for anyone to do a u turn in this part of the street. As we are on the downhill side this usually results in gravel being sprayed everywhere as various vans, utes, trucks and cars try to take off.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Do you want me to post a picture up of said company in S.A that does it?
No need.

I‘m sure some do the right thing, and most do the right thing at least on paper.

Sadly there have been instances where stuff is just warehoused with no clear path to be recycled. As I said some oddly burst into flames and the storage problem is solved. In other cases, the idea of recycling just fails as was the case with the Woolworths plastic recycle scheme.

Some do the full on recycling business on paper and it looks great to the green businesses who deal with them but it can be a scam… case in point Graham Leslie White and his Lemon Springs illegal waste site in Victoria that is costing the state > $48M to clean it up:

https://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2023/kaniva/#:~:text=This%20remote%20property%20in%20Victoria's,1400%2Dacre%20Lemon%20Springs%20property.

GLW hasnt really been held to account. Wonder whether the companies that dealt with this cheap recycling shyster feel any responsibility towards this matter.

Put another way, just because a business pays to have something carted away doesn’t mean it’s being truely recycled, it may just be corporate Green Washing :mad:

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I‘m sure some do the right thing, and most do the right thing at least on paper.
Hazelwood mine fire How much old rubber convor belt burnt , you know the stuff thats on the to hard to recycle list there was a lot of it? The country is full of lying bs artists that say nice words that mean nothing.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
No need.

Sadly there have been instances where stuff is just warehoused with no clear path to be recycled. As I said some oddly burst into flames and the storage problem is solved. In other cases, the idea of recycling just fails as was the case with the Woolworths plastic recycle scheme.

Some do the full on recycling business on paper and it looks great to the green businesses who deal with them but it can be a scam… case in point Graham Leslie White and his Lemon Springs illegal waste site in Victoria that is costing the state > $48M to clean it up:

https://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2023/kaniva/#:~:text=This%20remote%20property%20in%20Victoria's,1400%2Dacre%20Lemon%20Springs%20property.

[/URL]

GLW hasnt really been held to account. Wonder whether the companies that dealt with this cheap recycling shyster feel any responsibility towards this matter.

Put another way, just because a business pays to have something carted away doesn’t mean it’s being truely recycled, it may just be corporate Green Washing
Where I used to work we had two skips , one for general waste and one for cardboard and recyclables. Twice a week we would get them emptied by two different trucks, one for general waste and one for recycling.
Then we were getting only one truck to empty both skips, when we questioned the driver he said we were picking up more recycling than we could store and sort through so it is all now goes to land fill.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Where I used to work we had two skips , one for general waste and one for cardboard and recyclables. Twice a week we would get them emptied by two different trucks, one for general waste and one for recycling.
Then we were getting only one truck to empty both skips, when we questioned the driver he said we were picking up more recycling than we could store and sort through so it is all now goes to land fill.
Not at all surprised.

However, it's odd as collecting all paper waste and burnable waste and sending it off to Yallourn Power Station for consumption would probably be much better for the environment than burning brown coal which has 65-67% water content.

But the pig headedness of the greenies who don't even want us to use natural gas would never see such concepts as feasable as they are happier for the illusion of being green while we all live in a caves :mad: