Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Cool, that could be another way then. I have not heard of doing that. I only was told about keeping a little on the loan so they don't close it on you.
Once you pay the final fees and discharge the Mortgage, that's when you're done with them, until it's discharged they will hang on to the title. They'll never shut you out as a customer while they hold the title.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
That's easy. You pay it all off and don't discharge the Mortgage, that way you still remain a customer of the bank.
Thats what my sister did. Still owes a $1.00 on the house, so she got cheap finance to remodel the kitchen.
Thats paid of too, except for that $1.00.

Now she's thinking of upgrading the car before she retires?

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I bet the bank employee told you that.
They all get commission you know.
Nope, it was a family member who has owns a few properties.
Once you pay the final fees and discharge the Mortgage, that's when you're done with them, until it's discharged they will hang on to the title. They'll never shut you out as a customer while they hold the title.
Awesome, I'll just leave $10 on it and park it once I get to that stage. Thanks for the heads up. I was told to leave like $20k or $30k on it and then park it, but a minuscule amount sounds even better.

Reactions: Lex

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I’m not sure if your post was intended as a humour and/or it is serious. But if you are seriously considering a major investment, definitely go in with your own eyes open and don’t rely purely on the advice or financial planners or others. I believe it is important to understand the numbers yourself rather than simply take the ”it’ll all be fine” from an advisor.

I’d suggest setting up a spreadsheet to model any possible scenarios, and to calculate all the income, outgoings, and all the taxes (and tax benefits) associated with each transaction. The taxation is probably the complicated part, but all the tax information should be available on the ATO website (along with how they are calculated). It can become quite involved, but I do think it is good to be full across all the numbers.

I would also suggest doing the same modelling but with using a standard industry fund superannuation as the investment vehicle and see how the numbers stack up as well. The tax on superannuation can be somewhat complex too as super can fall in to four different taxation buckets (’taxed-taxed’, ‘untaxed-taxed’, etc.) and have different tax implications for contribution, earnings, and the benefit at the time of withdrawal.

Or combine both and enter property investment under a superannuation umbrella.

Both property investment and superannuation have tax benefits, but they are quite different investments and quite different risks.

In a nutshell - go in with your own eyes wide open. :)

Or if lucky enough , property outside of and then some super as well.
I know lots are sceptical of super but the tax benefits especially in retirement are , well not taxable income.
Back about 2011 I got cold called = invest your super in property.
I made an appointment and listened to the whole presentation and then said ( I need to think about ) , well the totally unprofessional rant that followed was never going to win over my ( do I want to go this way thinking ).
I had 1 rental and didn't go with , so ended up with a 2nd rental and my super ( I already had a somewhat of deposit for a 2nd rental ).

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
A good friend of my mother is a renting pensioner and is enjoying her life....

Does this friend of your mothers happen to vote for the LNP?

It’s not intended to be a smart ass question, it’s just that I am amazed and surprised how many people who are living on a low income (and often government benefits) and yet they vote for a political party that stands for ‘looking after yourself’ (by yourself), minimising taxes and minimising government benefits. You know, that ‘leaners and lifters’ party, but what people confuse is who are the ‘leaners’ and who are the ‘lifters’.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Anyway back to what pisses you off .
I got my NSW RMS part of rego for the CV8 today FXXK = $621 = fxxk = means rego total cost will be at least a few dollars north of $970 !!!
Don't move to QLD. My ute costs not far short of $1300. Even the ve that I get discount for being a pensioner is $832. The vh is ok at $240 on club rego.