Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
… I don't recall Coles or IGA asking for a donation though? Not sure if they do that on the mainland?
Woolworths has their hip high big green coin donation spiral thingy outside the checkouts but on some occasions the checkout staff do ask if you want to round up and donate the difference. On occasions some fast food outlets also ask if you want to donate your change to a charity.

So yeah it may be a mainland thing… but those occasions seem to be periodical in nature and seem around religious celebrations, funding events and such. Guess it’s periodical so as not to jade potential donors ;)

Whether those companies can actually pocket the donated cash tax free and then pay the equal amount from their income so they get a deduction is anyone’s guess. Bit if they did such it wouldn’t surprise me. Doesn’t quite sound like the ATO would be happy with that occurring, tax free donated income and tax deductible donation seems like some con :rolleyes:

Years ago you’d hear large companies that accepted such donations would state they’d match the public donations $ for $… Haven’t heard such for a while.

Really, I don’t know what’s occurring down under. Drives for public donations seem to be an ever increasing thing and more $$ are gathered now than I suspect at any other time but I’m noticing more people sleeping out or begging. We have beggars at our local shopping precinct. 20 years ago you’d never see such things occurring :eek:

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Suit was bought in 2018 when I got married. Going to the step-daughters wedding so need a pair of shoes. The six year old pair would hurt my feet, as I have wide but short feet so they went to the op shop.
Sorry, I thought you meant this suit:)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
We have beggars at our local shopping precinct. 20 years ago you’d never see such things occurring :eek:
I lived in Kensington 2005 - 2007. There was people begging there.

I'd also see people begging on the train. Apparently they where taking between $750.00 to $1500.00, back then.
Wonder what their taking home now?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I see the price of 98 is now up to $2.29. Slowly creeping up every couple of weeks. I don't know if oil is going back up or if it's just profiteering by the petrol stations? I'd say its the latter. Be great if we had petrol cycles and could grab it on the cheaper days.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Be great if we had petrol cycles and could grab it on the cheaper days.
Our cycle is; screw you, screw you a little less, screw you, screw you a little less…

Seems like your cycle is; screw you, screw you, screw you…

In either case we’re both getting bent over and done, so it’s same same but different :mad:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I see the price of 98 is now up to $2.29. Slowly creeping up every couple of weeks. I don't know if oil is going back up or if it's just profiteering by the petrol stations? I'd say its the latter. Be great if we had petrol cycles and could grab it on the cheaper days.

Don't guess, know the answer.... Our petrol prices seems to be tied mainly to the Singapore Crude market.

OIL-SGD-180-day-price-history-graph-large.png