Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Is there not a voume control somewhere on the TV ?
I would pull the remote apart and clean out any moisture after cleaning the rubber membrane and PCB in warm soapy water. Reassemble after thoroughly drying.
This has worked many times for me

I wish there was a control on the tv, but no such luck.....Stupid idea, where the whole tv works via the remote...

I have ordered another remote, so once it arrives and confirm it works, I'll pull the old one apart and see if I can fix it....If stuff the old remote, no loss....

Thanks for your input...Appreciated

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Let's not discuss how many panels I have replaced on my poor old VS ute!

Out here you can drive at 4kmh, they will still jump out of the bush into the side of your car.

I find the bike okay, they can hear me coming, you are a smaller target and more agile (well, slightly on an ultra) haha
Yep side hits are common here too. I only hit one roo IIRC in the VR ute. I had a loop bar and it saved me. I was like 2km from home just on dark, and a big one did one bounce from the side of the road to the middle of my front bar and landed on the grass past the gravel footpath on the other side of the road. The old Jeep I used to drive going to work five days a week, I could go five-seven days without hitting any wildlife, then the next night I could hit six. The Jeep had a ARB bar so I hit one and just keep on going.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
One thing for sure I don't feel super confident riding in 1deg and lower temps. I just don't know if I will hit a slippery patch and lose the back wheel. Currently running five year old PR II radials too and if I was racing I wouldn't use anything over three years old. Mate I bought the bike off reckons he thought they stuck pretty well. I'm not feeling that confident.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
5 years is getting into that replace time......
Yeah that's the plan. Bike rear tyres don't last terribly long on the road so I will wear the centre out to the wear marks and then buy a pair of tyres and have the rear hub greased at the same time to save overall.

It would be unlikely that I would ever push my bike hard enough on the road to get front wheel to slide, so in theory I could just replace the rear. But there lies the problem, they are radials and need a matching tyre for both wheels, and now the tyres I have are obsolete.

And thus I will be back on this thread, winging about how much it's going to cost me to replace two tyres and get the hub greased, which is a 1.5hr job in itself. :oops:

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS
Yeah that's the plan. Bike rear tyres don't last terribly long on the road so I will wear the centre out to the wear marks and then buy a pair of tyres and have the rear hub greased at the same time to save overall.

It would be unlikely that I would ever push my bike hard enough on the road to get front wheel to slide, so in theory I could just replace the rear. But there lies the problem, they are radials and need a matching tyre for both wheels, and now the tyres I have are obsolete.

And thus I will be back on this thread, winging about how much it's going to cost me to replace two tyres and get the hub greased, which is a 1.5hr job in itself. :oops:
Buy yourself a balance stand and you can save 100% of the labour cost.
Mine was only about $35 on fleabay

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
… and telling us how much money you are ‘saving’ along the way. :)
Nope, this ( https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/things-that-leave-you-gobsmacked-in-a-good-way.295239/ ) is where I will post that. Difference being I won't start and argument in that thread, like some do, as it's about happy stuff not doom and gloom.

Having said that at the end of the day spending a few dollars on the bike means I'm not wearing out another vehicle so still probably works out cheaper to take the bike. I save about $16-$17 a day in petrol when I take the bike. So there is that, plus other savings of wear and tear on the ute.

If I was computer smart I'd make an Excel sheet and work out my costings over a six month period to see just how the two compare. but I ain't that clued up so I will just have to work off fortnightly savings. Although my bike shop keeps all my records on file so if I had someone draw me up an Excel sheet I might be able to input the data and see how it adds up.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Buy yourself a balance stand and you can save 100% of the labour cost.
Mine was only about $35 on fleabay
What's a balance stand? I have a thing that goes through the rear hub and lifts the back wheel. I do some basics on the bike but even then I didn't tension the chain up right, so the money I thought I saved in labour I had to pay last week to have it redone.